Pocket Change

A/N: Wow, Let's Be Cliche is soon to be more popular than Stranger, that's crazy.

Stumbled upon this glorious gif of Luke while looking for something else for this part but this one is way better than anything else I could have possibly found.

Content Warning: Possibly some things that people might want to read, the lead up is pretty obvious so keep your eyes banana-peeled. Its not the entire chapter either there is some readable content at the end, look for the final " - - - "

"So . . ." Ashton began, approaching Luke at school the next day with an overly smug look on his face. Luke who was innocently finishing off a morning cigarette couldn't help but groan, knowing the type of tone Ashton was using could only mean trouble. "Calum told me something."

Luke's head snapped in Ashton's direction so quickly he was surprised his head didn't just spin right off his shoulders. Ashton was speaking in a smug voice and Calum was involved now, that couldn't mean anything good for Luke.

"Yeah?" Luke inquired even though anything that came out of Calum's mouth was better left unsaid, especially in public. The blond leaned back against the chain link fence and stuffed a fist into his pocket, looking at Ashton to hopefully convey that he really didn't need to hear what Calum had to say, he'd already experienced a Calum pep talk once before and it ended with a slap on the back and a 'get in his pants already, Lukey Boy.'

"He told me you were rocking a massive hard-on when I left yesterday." Ashton deadpanned, looking at Luke with a surprisingly neutral expression considering the topic of conversation revolved around Luke's pelvis suddenly. 

Ashton said it so casually that Luke wasn't even concerned until the words finally sunk in and he started choking. This had to be the first time that Luke had inhaled smoke and it wasn't pleasant and  soothing to his lungs since he started smoking, it felt like he'd swallowed a box of lit matches and they were burning patchwork holes into his lungs. He ended up grinding the rest of his cigarette into the sidewalk beneath his feet as soon as he'd finished hacking.

"Well," Luke said when he'd finally recovered enough to respond. "I may or may not have told that to Calum and, or Michael, in confidence that they wouldn't tell you."

Ashton raised his eyebrows at Luke admitting that it was true but the smug smile didn't budge, the tan boy couldn't help it when he snorted at the thought of Luke actually sporting a hard one after what Ashton did to him.

"Laugh all you want. Guess what I have?" Luke smirked, holding out a fist towards Ashton and signalling that he wanted Ashton to hold out his hands. Ashton was even more confused now, unsure of what the blond could be handing him.

Rolling his eyes at Ashton's hesitance, Luke grabbed the other boy's wrist and held Ashton's hand underneath his closed fist. After a few seconds of silence, Luke dropped a bunch of silver coins into Ashton's palm and let go of his wrist.

Ashton stared at the money in his hand before looking up at Luke with furrowed brows, "Why are you giving me eight dollars?"

"Let's go to a more secluded spot and I'll explain it to you in a little more detail," Luke offered, slinging an arm over Ashton's shoulder and guiding the lad away from the school.

- - - 

"Hey, have you guys seen Luke?" Michael asked with a frown on his face, sitting down at their usual picnic table outside.

"Ashton's not here either," Charlie pointed out, gesturing dismissively to where the two often sat at the table, which looked extremely bleak without them.