Mediocre at Best

Ashton grinned up at Luke in the darkness, "C'mon, what's the likelihood of Rory being the Rory we know?"

Even though Ashton was being optimistic, he knew that there were maybe two Rorys in their school and one happened to be a girl, a very high likelihood that the Rory that had kissed Luke also happened to be Owen's son was high. Ashton could tell that Luke had come to the same conclusion, he looked paler even with the moonlight reflecting onto his skin.

The pair had been ecstatic to get away from the dinner table and up into the dark depths of Ashton's room to lock lips before Luke had to get home. Now that the thought of Rory reappearing in their lives kind of killed the mood, Luke was stuck looming over Ashton as the boy laid on the bed. Any other time things might have been a lot hotter but Luke just felt like cuddling. Nothing more nothing less.

The only problem was, Luke didn't know how to get it started, did he have to ask? Was there a gesture that showed he was down to cuddle? He had absolutely no idea. No one really pegged him for the cuddling type so he was a little inexperienced.

Instead of embarrassing himself by asking, Luke pulled the covers off the bed and threw them over Ashton like one would if they were tucking someone in, but towards the end Luke crawled under the covers and settled down with his back pressed against Ashton's side. Hopefully Ashton would take the hint.

Luke found himself curling comfortably into a ball, hoping that it would be easier on the size difference if and when Ashton took the hint.

Luke shuffled around to draw attention to himself when Ashton didn't move, and maybe he was a little frustrated because he really wanted to cuddle.

"Are you comfortable?" Ashton chuckled, assuming Luke was dicking around to annoy the curly haired boy, which he often did when they had sleepovers.

Luke scowled, throwing a glance over his shoulder to find Ashton propped up on his elbow with an amused look on his face. Ashton shifted so that he was fully on his side, chest pressed against Luke's back and it was about damn time.

"Goodnight Luke." Ashton said after looking at the blond boy for a long time, he flipped over to face the wall and Luke was ready to physically wrap Ashton's arms around himself, he felt so needy. Luke was almost considering actually heading home after Ashton didn't get what Luke was trying to imply.

But it was dark, and Luke didn't think two cigarettes would survive the trip home if he was left to his thoughts. Besides, Ashton obviously didn't care, and Ashton obviously couldn't take a hint either. Luke couldn't figure out why that irritated him so much, he usually wasn't bothered by small things like that.

Luke shuffled around so he could casually glare at the back of Ashton's head in the dark, he was honestly being ridiculous. He couldn't expect Ashton to know when he wanted to cuddle like Ashton had some sixth sense.

"For fuck's sake Ashton, cuddle me." Luke sounded more annoyed than he intended to but he couldn't help it.

Ashton rolled over hesitantly and wrapped his arm around Luke's waist, "Wow, the Luke Hemmings is a small spoon? I wasn't expecting that."

Luke was nearly a head taller than Ashton if you counted his low hanging quiff, he also had the broadest shoulders that Ashton had ever seen on someone so noodle-y, that combination plus Luke's softcore punk look made the entire experience slightly awkward even if neither of them seemed to take notice.

Ashton's head wound up resting on Luke's shoulder blade and their legs ended up tangled together which was a little uncomfortable at first but as the pair grew more and more tired no one was the wiser.

"I rate this cuddle a six out of ten: Mediocre at best." Luke muttered sleepily causing Ashton to frown a little, Luke could be such an asshole sometimes. First he demands to be cuddled and then winds up talking shit about Ashton's stellar spooning.

In the end, Luke was absolutely satisfied with the cuddle, he just didn't want to fuel the other lad's ego too much.

"I rate your face zero out of ten: Medusa Incarnated." Ashton countered, tightening his grip on the blond's waist.

Luke snorted, "Ouch, you're stone cold."

And maybe Ashton shoved Luke off the bed then, he had no room for tall blond nerds that made shitty jokes anyway. Boys were stupid.

A/N: Sorry about how short this is and how spotty my updating is, the Internet at my house is still broken and I'm drowning in school even though this is probably the easiest semester I've ever had.