Chapter 15: I need you

Emma's POV:
"So you know, I'm still mad at you and Xander, but, why are you looking so sad?" Lou asked at breakfast.

"It's him." I replied, replaying the scene of him and Jorge talking last night for at least the 100th time in my head now.

"Emma." I heard someone say behind me. I kinda hoped it was Caleb. He's been a very great friend until now, I guess.

I turned around to see the one and only Xander.

"Him?" Asked Lou, confused.

I just nodded.

"Lou? Would you please tell him that I'm not in the mood to talk? For at least the rest of the summer?" I started.

"Uh-" Lou stuttered, Xander stood there shocked.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Asked Xander and laid his hand on my shoulder. I quickly stood up.

"Bye Lou." On my way out I was so angry like angry angry, I didn't even see Hazel coming.

And oh- guess what!- she bumped into me and her food landed right on me.

This day couldn't get any worse! I thought when I ran out. I felt how tears ran down my cheeks Two arms wrapped around me.

"Princess, are you okay?" It was Caleb. I needed him right now.

I turned around and hugged him tight, it just felt so good!

I shook my head, crying into his chest even more.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

I saw Xander coming out, looking around everywhere until he saw me in Caleb's arms.

"It's him, isn't it?" He stroked my hair.

"Y-Yes." I whined. I never felt this awful before, like seriously! I was so happy that Caleb was by my side.

"Shh, Princess... I'm here for you, always!" Caleb hold me tighter.

I saw Xander shaking his head in confusion, and he went right toward the Grizzly cabin.

"Emma, I tell you, he is out of his mind. He is..." I interrupted him.

"An idiot? A liar? Stupid?"

"Exactly!" Caleb replied, and whipped a single tear out of my face.

"Hey, I know this isn't the greatest time, but, I wanted to apologize... For the kiss, for my stupidness." He looked right into my eyes.

"I forgive you." I smiled.

"I could never really forget you, Emma. We are meant to be together. Don't waste your time crying over this idiot. Spend your time with someone you like... And love" Caleb smiled back, and took my hands into his.

And then, I kissed him on the cheek. I didn't know why, but, it just came over me. I felt so save with Caleb at this moment...

"Me?" He asked and smirked.

"You." I replied, hugging him one more time.

I saw Xander still outside, starring at us. Hazel went up to him.

"Xandy." She giggled. "What were you starring at?"

"Nothing. No one. Hey, um, let's watch a movie together?" He asked her.

"Let's go!" Hazel grabbed his arm, and went to the Grizzly cabin.

"This must be hard for you." Caleb mumbled.

"Hard? Hard? Please, Nothing and no one is hard for a Ross. Especially not Emma Ross."