Chapter 3: An unexpected visit

Emma's POV:
It was evening. We all were sitting at the camp fire and telling each other's stories. I didn't pay much attention to Xander, to be honest.

"Hey, Emma!" Xander whispered and laid his arm around my shoulder.

"...What?" I asked. This guy,  drives me crazy!

"I just want to talk to you, if that's okay? Just 1 minute."

"Well okay" I answered and we stood up.

Somewhere beside me Lou mouthed "Good luck, Em!" and did our 'Wood Chuck' thingy.

Xander and I went a few meters away, so no one would hear us.

"Listen Emma, I wanted to explain to you what happened today. You know... Hazel and so on."

"Go ahead." I said and looked into his deep brown eyes, which I got lost in.

"Well, I don't know how to say that but, she's obsessed with me! Hazel is kind of creepy, you know?" He chuckled at that. So did I.

"Really? Obsessed? Nooo!" I giggled and pushed him friendly on the shoulder.

"Ouch! That hurt! Just kidding" Xander winked at me. Silence filled the air for some seconds...

"Oh my gosh! Emma, Emma Ross? Is that you!?" I heard a male voice behind us. I turned around and...

"Caleb!? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Texas?" I was shocked. When my siblings and Jessie once went to Texas, to visit her dad, I got to know Caleb, Darla's (Jessie's rival) brother.

"I never thought I'd see you here!" He hugged me tight. I was confused. I mean I really did have feelings for Caleb but... That was some time ago!

"Neither did I..." I mumbled and hugged him back.

"You two know each other?" I heard Xander.

"Yes, of course, bro! We were a couple, because of the long distance. New York, Texas. You know what I mean?" Caleb asked.

"Yes, I know." Xander replied and that was the first time he wasn't smiling today.

"So, Caleb. How long are you staying?" I asked him, he took one of my hands.

"Until the end of summer, I guess." Caleb answered. He still was that attractive like 2 years ago.

"Um, great. Let's go back to the other's, alright?" I felt totes uncomy now.

They nodded and we headed back to the camp fire.

This will be an interesting summer, I thought as Lou handed me a marshmallow.