Chapter 29: Decisions

Emma's POV:
I didn't know for how long I have been in that bathroom. Just 5 minutes after locking myself in there, I heard a knock on the door.

"Emma? It's Lou... Please unlock the door." I heard my best friend say.

I sighed.

Maybe I should come out, to talk to her?

"Emma, here's Xander. Please, I think we need to talk." Xander's voice rushed into my ears and made me shiver.

Oh no, I'll never go out of here! Never!

"I'm not in a talking mood!" I replied.

"But Emma... Please, I don't even know what I did wrong!" Said Xander.

The kiss, Xander. Maybe the kiss was wrong? I shouldn't have done that... Right? I mean, it just could change everything between us, and I'm afraid of that, if I might add.

"If it's about yesterday, then..."

"Xander. Stop." Was it really so hard to understand? Why didn't he realize it too, that it would be such a huge difference if we two would start, you know... Dating.

I breathed in...

Unicorns, rainbows, candies, Xander's... Wait, Xander's? Ugh, I can't even stop thinking about him! Do I need help?

What should I do now? This was tough! But I decided to go out there and face the truth. Face Xander, face Lou, face my fears.

"Emma, finally!" Xander smiled and was about to hug me put I pulled away.

"Xander, don't." I whispered.

"I just thought-"

"Listen, I don't know what I feel for you. Our kiss yesterday was, I don't know, well, great and, even if it just may have been a quick peck on the mouth, I can't get this out of my head." I started, avoiding eye contact.

Xander interrupted me. "I know how you feel. I can't get this out of my head, either." A broad smile planted onto his face.

"Please, let me finish. As I was saying, I don't know how I feel about you... Yet. You're a really great guy and-"

"It's because of Caleb, isn't it?" He spoke, I almost got a heart attack.

"What? No no no! Don't get me wrong!" I replied and shook my head.

"This has nothing to do with Caleb." I continued. "I just want to... Wait. I really do like you, a lot. So incredibly much, to be honest." I let a smile appear on my face, in the hope I could make him feel better in any way, but, in his face was such no expression, which broke my heart.

"So you don't like me back, I get it..." His face dropped immediately.

"I wasn't saying that! I just don't want things to get awkward between us, Xander, please understand. I need time." My voice began to shake.

"Oh, well, who said I'd actually like you?" Xander crossed his arms over his chest.

"You did. A few seconds ago." I replied, looking at him.

"So just friends? If that's what you want..." He asked.

"Xander, listen, I-I'm really sorry!" I answered but he was already out of the cabin.

No! I don't want him to be mad at me. I have to fix this, somehow, even, if I don't know how to do that yet...

A/n: Crappy and really late updated chapter, almost 1:30 am... Oops! Alright, g'night!