Chapter 23: Dance Night 1)

Emma's POV:
Today's the day! Today's the Kikiwaka Dance Night! And Xander's my date. Totes amazing, yaaay!

"How about this?" I asked Lou when I came out of the bathroom, trying on like the 100th dress now.

"It's... Amazing! You look like a princess!" She gasped.

"Thanks Lou! I really like this dress the most. I mean, c'mon, who can say No to this pink dream, huh?" I laughed while looking into the mirror.

"I know right! Oh, it's almost time! Xander will be here any minute." Lou squealed and ran into the bathroom to get ready as well.

Oh my gosh. I totally forgot to ask her!

"Hey, uh, Lou? Who's your date for the dance?"

"Someone who's named Clinton. We were in primary school and I kinda had a little crush on him." She answered, giggling.

"Young love!" I sighed. I looked at the clock. 7 pm... Xander should be here-

"Knock knock! Guess who this is?" I could recognize his voice out of 1000 people.

"Coming!" I opened the door to see the most handsome boy I've literally ever seen.

"You look, I- I don't know..." EMMA! Think before you say something, duh!

"Oh do I look bad?" Xander said sarcastically.

"No no no! You're so good! I mean, you look good! More than that, actually!" I stuttered.

Oh my, calm down Emma! It's only Xander! Only the most wonderful boy on earth...

"You're incredibly beautiful, you know? Like, so beautiful! And don't forget to mention, stunning, as well!" He smiled his gorgeous smile I fall in love over and over again.

"Thank you!" I blushed.

"Shall we go?" Xander asked.

"Lou? You're ready?" I shouted towards the still locked bathroom door.

"I'll catch you guys up later, have fun!" She replied, leaving me and Xander confused.

"Let's get this party started!" He took my hand into his, and we walked towards the camp fire.

Everywhere were campers dancing with their dates.

"Wanna go to the dance floor?" Xander asked, while taking a sip of his juice.

I nodded and we headed to the crowded piece, where they all were dancing and having the best time of their lives.

First, there was a fast song playing. I didn't know exactly much about dancing and I sucked doing it, but the most important fact for me that night was, to have fun. And to be there with Xander, of course.

The next song was a slow song. Xander put his hands on my waist and I wrapped my hands around his neck. Close. We were so close.

"Nice." He whispered, still smiling.

"Yeah, it is." I replied, resting my head on his shoulder. We danced in this position for like 10 minutes or something, and I guess we would have continued dancing like this, but someone, who turned out was Gladys, interrupted us all.

"Campers! I got a phone call. My mother is in the hospital, and I have to go there, now, exactly. And because you all know that I'm not kind of rude person or camp leader, I trust you that everyone will be save and happy after this dance night. Please, don't ruin it with, I don't know, alcohol or something! Alright? Gotta go!" With that, Gladys left, leaving us all alone.

Someone shouted "Yes! Finally she's gone! And now this!" A camper pulled out beer bottles.

"Hey, I'll have to go for little campers, excuse me please." Xander whispered, I felt his warm breath against my cheek.

After Xander left, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey princess!" I turned around to see the one and only Caleb, with two cups of juice in it. Juice? Didn't smell like that.

"Hi Caleb." I replied, putting on the best fake smile. Fake smile number 9, to be exact. I practiced different fake smiles for all kind of situations in the past few years. Number 9 was for an annoying ex, so...

"Wanna drink something?" He asked and handed me a cup. His breath smelled like alcohol.

"No, thank you." I turned away, to go somewhere else.

"But, come on, Emma! My beautiful princess!" Caleb followed me, his voice was shaking of the alcohol.

"How many drinks did you have?" I asked, disgusted by his appearance.

"I don't know. 2? Or maybe 8?"

"Ugh."

"But Emma!" He said again. "Please, it can just be a sip of this delicious apple juice. Let's drink for our reunion." He smiled.

"Reunion? What reunion?" I asked confused.

"Please. I'll leave you alone, then. I promise."

"Xander will be here any minute. I think you should go." I smiled at him, politely.

"He isn't here yet. Just one sip, alright?" Caleb grinned at me.

"1 sip." I answered and grabbed the cup of the disgusting alcohol smell.

I don't know why, but it wasn't just one sip. I just wanted him to go, and I knew that he wouldn't let go of me after just one sip. My throat burned from all the alcohol. Maybe I wanted to prove myself, maybe Caleb was just so disgusting that I 'had to drink it off' don't ask me.

"Heck yeah!" He high-fived me. It was currently my 3rd cup.

I was laughing and dancing unconditionally with Caleb, having the best time of my life. At least that's what I thought.

"Emma?!" I heard a familiar voice behind us.

"Xandy Candy!" I laughed and hugged him.

"Are you drunk?" Xander asked me, looking mad.

"No, of course not! There was a unicorn, who gave me this potion. It was magical! His name was Fluffy." I giggled. Caleb giggled too.

"Did you set her up to do this? I swear I will-" Xander warned Caleb, but was interrupted by me.

"Xandy Candy?" He turned around to face me. "Have you got any candy for me?"

"Okay, that's enough." Xander replied, pulled me up and carried me away.

"Nooo! I want to stay! Caleb, my prince! I love youuuu!" I shouted in Caleb's direction.

Xander shook his head.

We entered my cabin and he lied me down into my bed.

"You're gonna take a rest now, Emma. Sleep a bit. You need that, believe me." He squeezed my hand.

"No, wait! What if some stranger danger gets in here? And I can't protect myself! I'm just a NewYork city girl. Can you stay with me, Xandy Candy? Pleeeeaaase?" I pout.

He sighed, then chuckled, and laid down next to me, pulling me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair. I rested my head on Xander's chest, listening to his heart beat. I felt his warm breath against my neck. My eyes got heavier with every minute. The last thing I said, or more mumbled, was

"Xandy Candy..." until I drifted into a long sleep.

A/n: Hi! Long chapter, haha:) I won't update until next weekend again, so I thought I'd write this a bit longer for you all:) Bye!
Xandy Candy, ahhhh;)