Chapter 38: Shocking News

Emma's POV:
My relationship with Xander was going pretty awesome, to be honest. It's been two weeks since he asked me to be his girlfriend,and things couldn't get any better! But this day, everything changed. To bad.

I haven't seen him in the morning. He was not at breakfast. I haven't seen Lou either, which made me wonder.

I was currently in my cabin, picking out an outfit for Xander's and mine 2 weeks anniversary, when someone knocked on the door. I opened it in the hope to see my boyfriend or Lou, but instead, my brother Ravi stood there. You could say a tear was forming in his eyes.

"Ravi, is everything okay?" I asked worried.

"Emma, I- I need to talk to you. Xander, he..." All of a sudden, Ravi stopped speaking. Lou entered.

"Lou, I've been searching you all day! Where the heck were you? And have you got any idea where Xander is?" I started.

She didn't look happy as well. Her cheeks were red like she was crying.

"E-Emma... Something happened to Xander..." Lou let a quiet sob escape her mouth.

"What? Is he okay? C'mon, you have to tell me!" I almost shouted at them.

"Xander, he... He had an accident." My bother began.

Oh my goodness! No, please!

A few tears rolled down my cheek.

"What happened? Can I see him? I have to see him!" I wanted to walk out of the cabin, but Lou and Ravi grabbed both of my arms.

"Em, he fell down a cliff." Ravi spoke, and in this moment, I fell down to the ground.

I started crying and believe me- I never cried that much before in my life!

"You can't see him now, sweetie. He was brought to the nearest hospital. His head was bleeding very hard, so we have to be patient." Lou explained and rubbed my back.

"But we can go to him, right? Because I will!" I said standing up.

"We're coming with you." My brother said.

One hour after the news, Lou, Ravi and I were sitting in a cab. I had like a flashback of all the memories Xander and I've made together. When we first met, our first date, our kiss... I could even hear his laugh inside my head, and smell his sweet scent of mint...

"Emma? C'mon, we're here." Lou said and I snapped out of my thoughts. We entered the hospital, where Gladys was already sitting in the waiting room.

"Gladys! Xander, how is he?" I asked worried and tears were streaming down my face.

Gladys just shook her head no.

"Did he make it?... GLADYS DID HE MAKE IT!?" I yelled at her, she hesitated before saying

"I don't know, if he will, Emma."

Just then, the doctor came up to us.

"Doctor, is Xander okay? He is, right? Everything will be fine... Right?" The words rushed out of my mouth.

"We don't know yet. Xander..." He stopped and gulped before finishing the sentence, which would change everything.

"Xander is in a coma."

A/n: I had literally tears in my eyes while writing this!