Chapter 14: We are not?

Emma's POV:
When Xander and I finally arrived in the main hollow again, Lou came running towards us, no Kikiwaka to be seen.

"Where did you guys hide?!" Lou yelled at us.

"Lou we-" I got interrupted by her again.

"What? You wanted some alone time while I tried to stay alive?! Did you know how big this thing was? And it looked like my grandmother after her daily Zumba workout..." You could say she was quite mad at us.

"Wait..." Xander began. "You're granny does Zumba?"

"Xander! That's absolutely not the point. The point is, that you two were I don't know where, leaving me alone here just that you guys can talk about your feelings or something."

"There are no feelings between us." Xander added.

"Yes. No feelings..." My voice dropped, so did my mood.

I mean I don't know what I'm feeling. For him. Not sure about that yet... But, this really hurt.

"Whatever, let's get out of here." Lou replied, with the Kikiwaka trumpet in her hand.

The whole way back to camp no one really said something. Lou was still mad at me and Xander and, oh boy, she can really be mad.

We got our camping stuff and Caleb and decided to go back to camp.

"Emma, you're okay?" I heard Caleb say who was walking my next to me. I still thought about Xander, I wasn't able to figure out what I am for him, or what I feel for him.

"Of course." I replied absentmindedly.

"You're not. You want to talk about it?" He asked in a soft voice, just like Xander's.

"No."

"Okay, but, remember: I'm always there for you. I missed it. The great time we had in Texas. You too?" I kind of had a short flashback to Texas.

The park, the roses he gave me, the time we were locked in this... Thing. The dance, at the wedding... Good memories, for sure.

A quick smile came over my lips. But it faded away, as soon as I saw Xander staring at me and Caleb.

"Don't worry about him, Princess. He's not worth it. Plus, I saw him and Hazel two days ago, talking. Looks like they are really, really, really close friends." Caleb laid one of his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't think there's something between them. Hazel is just really obsessed of Xander" I answered a bit unsure.

"Well, if you say so, Princess." Caleb replied, pulling me closer to him. I just let him, I suddenly forgot about when he kissed me, and that he wanted some alone time with me. I just saw him as the Caleb two years ago. I don't know what kind of feeling came up in me, when we went back to camp arm in arm, but it was a good one.

Finally, back in camp, I fell into my bed, and tried to fall asleep. But I couldn't. I always had to think of Xander and Caleb. I decided to walk around the camp a bit. That should clear my mind.

I stepped outside the Woodchuck cabin, quietly, since I didn't want to wake anyone up.

I went a few meters, until I got to the camp fire. I suddenly heard two boys talking. Xander and Jorge.

"You're sure you don't have feelings for her?" Jorge asked.

My heartbeat was beating faster and faster, waiting for his answer to come.

"Totally! I mean, how could I? Haven't you seen her? Her blond hair is like ew."

Ew? EW!?

Xander continued. "And she probably thinks she's the born leader and the best girl here in camp only because her parents are rich!"

Tears streamed down my face. That was enough to know his opinion about me.

Oh how could I really think he would like me? Everything he said to me was a lie! I thought as I ran back to my cabin to cry myself asleep.