Chapter 25: Xandy Candy

Emma's POV:
"And you can remember nothing from last night? Absolutely nothing?" Asked Xander who was walking next to me on our way to lunch.

"Nope. Can't remember. Was the dance night good?"

"Yeeeaah, it was, haha..." He replied. Was that his fake laugh? Well, never mind...

"And wait, I called you Xandy Candy?" I bursted out in laughter, he too.

"Yes, I was like Wow, this is such a sweet nickname for me."

"I wish I could remember just one thing, you know?" I looked up at him, and took one of his hands.

"Oh believe me, you do not want this." Xander mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, Em!" He smiled and squeezed my hand.

"I love being with you, the study date was really nice." I smiled and could feel how I blushed.

"Study date? You saw this as a date?"

"I... I kind of did, um-" I got interrupted by him.

"Great. Glad I'm not the only one." Xander wrapped his strong, muscular arms around me.

"You're great." I mumbled.

"You're cute."

"You're cuter."

"You're perfect." And that was the time where I stopped walking and stared into his gorgeous eyes. And I blushed, like, a lot. A lot, a lot!

Wait a sec, were we just flirting with each other??

"You're blushing. I love it when you blush. When you smile. You can make my day with just saying a simple 'hello'. You're the most warm-hearted person I've ever met and I didn't know where I would be now without you. You're smart, funny, honest. You've become a special person in my life, Emma. Uh, omg sorry, I- I got caught by the moment!" Xander now blushed too.

"Do not apologize. There's nothing to apologize for. No one actually ever told me this." I admitted, starring to the ground.

"What? How come? I bet the boys are literally fighting over you."

I shook my head and let an innocent smile appear on my face.

"No." I began. "They only liked me for how I look. They actually used me to make their friends feel bad, that they didn't get such a beautiful girl like me... And I fell for it. I fell for them. No boy ever told me that I'm smart, or funny. They were like Oh this girl looks nice she's my girlfriend. They always saw a rich, perfect girl in me. No one ever liked me for me. And you know, I'm so unbelievably thankful for being in this camp. Here I can be the real me. I don't have to hide under tons of make up and stuff to feel accepted..." It felt so good to talk this off my chest. To the boy who means the most to me.

"Those boys are such idiots, Emma. If they only pay attention for how you look and oversee the many, many awesome things you are, they are not worth it." Xander whipped one tear out of my face. I didn't even recognize I was crying.

"Thank you... Xandy Candy." I smiled and pulled him into a long tight hug. His strong, muscular arms wrapped around me. I felt save, so save at him.

"Anytime, Em. I lo... Like you to the moon and back." He whispered into my hair.

"I like you to the moon and back too. You mean the world to me, Xander." I replied, and went red immediately after speaking it out loud.

"You are my world." Was Xandy Candy's reply, before he looked at me, and then gave me a gently kiss on my cheek.

A/n: lol 11:45 pm here, but for you guys, it's worth staying up late at night to write a new chapter❤️