Chapter 43: Hazel, candy and bananas

Emma's POV:
Xander and I were becoming pretty good friends again since he got out of the coma.

"And then, Hazel seriously stood in front of me and dropped a water bottle on me." He laughed.

"Oh my gosh, why would she do that? Oh wait, why am I even asking, I mean, she's Hazel right?" I giggled, but went all quiet.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." I apologized.

Xander just smiled. "It's okay. You're right. She can be annoying sometimes... For sure!" He rolled eyes.

Oh yes. She IS annoying, all the time!

"You know, I just wish she wouldn't be such so clingy and everything. She gets on my nerves. A lot." He sat upright.

I just wanted to say something, but Xander already continued.

"I wish Hazel would  be more like you."

Wow. I didn't see that coming.

"Like me? Um-"

"Yeah, you're all, I don't know... Cool and warm-hearted. And cute." He smirked.

"You just said that she has no heart. Well, no good heart, at least. I mean, yes, she can be really rude sometimes, but, I don't want to say something wrong. She's your girlfriend after all." I spoke, and let a little smile appear on my face.

"How right you are... About the rudeness." He laughed again.

"I wanted to break up with her anyway" Xander said out of the blue.

"What!? Why?"

"Because she's Hazel, duh!" He replied and tried to get up.

"Wait, what are you doing? You're not allowed to get out of bed yet." I reminded him.

"Ugh. Almost forgot about that." Grumbled Xander.

"Hey! What about we go out together. Just you and me." My friend smiled at me. I was shocked.

"Oh. Did it come out the wrong way? I mean, going out as friends, of course." Xander corrected himself quickly, while he blushed immediately.

"Um, yeah, sure, why not? When?" I asked, blushing like hell!

"Let's say... Friday, 7pm?"

I nodded and squeezed one of his hands, and then, there was a moment of silence.

"Oh, hey... Don't forget to bring some candy, okay? I would, but, you know, this stupid bed." Xander sighed.

Wait... Candy?

"Okay, candy for you." I replied a little confused.

"Great. I'm saving bananas for you, if that's okay?" He smirked and let out a quiet giggle.

Bananas?

Well, this just might have been a coincidence... Right?

A/n: Felt like updating again!❤️ CANDY? BANANAS? Is this a sign?...