Chapter 34: What Are We?

Emma's POV:
"My show's going really great, actually. Yeah, they said they couldn't have found a better nanny than me." Jessie told us. We were all sitting in my cabin.

"That's awesome, that's really, really awesome, Jessie! You know, we would've watched the premiere a few days ago, but here at camp Kikiwaka we have no television." I explained. Jessie almost looked shocked and her jaw dropped immediately.

"Wait. Did you just say no television? And it looks like you're not even bothering about it. What has happened to you three? Tell me!" She smiled. I smiled back.

"Nothing much. I just realized that real friends are more important than being popular on my fashion blog Kitty Couture. I mean, it's still a great hobby, but, friends are so much more important, you know?" I smiled again, thinking about the great memories I've already made here. And Xander.

"Speaking of friends, who was this boy outside, huh? Jessie wants to know!" Jessie grabbed my hand.

"H-How is it going between you and Tony? A couple again?" I tried to change the subject.

"You're not just trying to change the subject, are you?" She glared at me.

"Okay, okay. Xander and I... We're friends, I guess. A lot has happened since we got here and I don't know how I see him... Yet." I spoke, sounding a bit unsure.

"Em. I can see that there's something between you two. There is something." Jessie rubbed my shoulder.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, I'm really sorry to interrupt, but, Emma. Please go check on Xander. He seems really... Ugh, just go look for yourself." Lou stood in the door frame, with both of her hands placed on her hips.

"Um, Jessie, are you okay with it when I-"

"Go, Emma. C'mon." Jessie patted me on the shoulder, signaling me that everything would be okay.

I took a deep breath, before going out to look for Xander.

There he was, pacing back and forth near the camp fire.

"Xander? Are you okay?" I asked softly, and placed one hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, h-hey Em." He replied shortly, sounding as nervous as ever.

"What's up? Do I have to be worried?"

Xander took a deep breath and suddenly turned all serious.

"I... I was just thinking." He answered.

"About what?" Gosh, he really made me worried!

"Us." Xander whispered and suddenly avoided eye-contact.

"U-Us?"

"Yeah. I've been thinking about us for a lot of times now. I mean, the kiss, and everything. How did it feel?" I felt his hand touching mine. Xander made my heart beat faster.

"I don't know what to say, Xander. I mean, you were my first kiss." I explained, shyly, and turned all read of embarrassment.

"I was your first kiss? Really?" Xander asked in disbelieve.

"Do you think I'm lying?"

"No! It's just, I thought that you already did have your first kiss before this. You're so charming, and pretty. All the boys were probably waiting in a queue for you to ask you out." He raise his hand to his neck.

I giggled. "Wow, um, well no. I'm careful with boys. But, what do you mean with this?"

"I don't know. I mean, we're great friends and all. Could you maybe imagine us to be... More than that?" I could see how he blushed.

"Tell me." Xander added. "What are we?"

A/n: Wow, it's getting serious between Xander and Emma! Thank you all so much again for 20k reads, you guys are incredible! Lysm!