Sub-Chapter 20: The Twin Peaks

"So, what's the plan?" I asked turning to Pete.

He smiled cutting off the BAU talking to me plain.

"How do you get two enemies to work together?" he replied.

I shrugged before replying.

"Give them a common enemy?"

He nodded enthusiastically.

"Exactly," he replied. "In this case, they already have one. Now, we just have to center their anger with each other at him."

"No, disrespect, Pete, but it's kind of what we've been trying to do for last couple of minutes," Eve shot.

"Yeah, but we've been trying to stop them from going at each other's throat and if you've ever been around kids you'll realize they are stubborn and the younger they are the more stubborn they are, point blank, you're not going to convince them to stop doing anything but you can curb their motivation," Pete explained.

"Okay, explain?" Jacob continued.

"Well, if the twins want to see whoseddd better, let them compete, just not against one another," Pete explained.

I waited for a second to completely take in what he was saying but before I could speak Jacob cut in.

"That could work," Jacob added. "Let them focus on who could beat Kel instead of each other.

"Exactly," Pete continued. "Sam and Tim, this is what will do..."

It took a second for him to explain it to me and Sam. I nodded as I tried to take it in as fast as I could as Zech and Jo continued to battle in the arena.

THRUCK! BOOM! Sam caught Zech with a back kick that sent him into a nearby wall.

"Tim, Sam Go!" Pete ordered urgently.

I nodded toward Sam signally I was ready.

"Sam, what are you talking about?" I shot coyly. "It's not a good thing that Jo is winning. Zech could beat Kel just as easily."

Zech powered up before stopping in his tracks at the sound of my words.

"Well, what about you?" Sam added winking. "When Zech was winning you said the same thing. Jo could also easily beat Kel."

Jo stopped turning toward our direction. I winked back at Sam as we continued.

"Well, I think Zech would be better, but we won't be able to see because this isn't a real fight between the two... so who cares who wins this one, I wish they could fight Kel instead," I continued.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, Jo's injured and being powered by Kel so it's not a true fight but if one these guys could overcome Kel's mind control and beat him...man!" Sam played along beautifully.

"I bet Zech could break that mind control easily if Jo wasn't fighting him. He's the smart one," I continued.

"Yeah, well, Jo has stronger will, I guarantee he could break it first if Zech wasn't distracting him," Sam

added finishing it off perfectly.

BOINNN! BUNNNNN! Kel strummed his guitar harder trying to regain control but it wasn't working anymore. He looked utterly flabbergasted as Zech and Jo turned their gaze to him.

"It's working," Sean added. "Good thing their brothers or this might not have been so easily done but I'll take it all the same."

"Keep it up you guys," Pete continued. "Just a little more."