Sub-Chapter 19: Family Bonds

"It always fills me with joy when I come across a new family member," he replied looking me over.

He gave a poking smile as he reached his hand out. I stared at him infuriated by his gesture.

"I see," he replied laughing to himself. "Regardless of our past, I'd like to think that we can still be cordial."

I covered Sam backing away from him.

"Tim, who is this guy?" Sam replied via BAU.

"Well, it's kind of rude for you to speak via BAU when someone else is in attendance who you believe can't. I know you just arrived in the Heaven Realm but that's ediquette 101 in that place," he replied continuing to almost mock me. "But, seeing as its my first time meeting my nephew, I'll look the other way. but, Sam,was it? I'm Tim's uncle Phil; Philip Rothman to be exact."

Sam turned to me confused by his words.

"You’re what?" Sam asked. "I thought you said he killed your mother?”

He seemed to tense up at the sound of Sam’s words. Before then his personality seemed playful and sarcastic but those words seemed to cut like a knife. He stared at Sam then at me like he wanted to tear us both apart

"What did you just say?" He replied his nostrils flaring.

"He said you killed my mother!" I replied with vitriol that picked up throughout the statement.

WHOOSH! My power exploded with the sound of my voice. It was almost instantaneous. I was covered in light. I was possessed with anger and my power felt uncontrollable. The tattoos of light covered my body and my hair had long strands that were lit up like streamers. Isaiah recoiled from my power and Sam stared at me like I was an alien.

"I didn't kill your mother," he replied with a flick of his wrist. "I would never harm my sister."

SUCK! I went to move but before I could I felt a jolt that felt like a sucking punch. I dropped to my knees as I felt the power being pulled from me. Sam went to cover me but I shielded him pushing him back.

"What did you do to him?" Sam asked running to my side.

"I didn't harm him yet, but if he is going to be in my presence. He needs to be more careful in the way that he addresses me," he replied staring through Sam like he was nothing.  “Especially when it’s concerning my sister.”

"How did you do that?" I asked staring up from a kneeling position.

PUSH! He walked towards me as Sam intervened leaping in front of me blocking his path. He moved him to the side; sliding him like he was a piece on a chessboard.

"That isn’t important, the most pressing thing to address takes precedence,” he replied continuing his pace toward me.

He knelt in front me until we were eye to eye. He placed his hand under my chin as he spoke.

“The reason your mother is dead is because of your father," he shot with intense glare as he spoke.

I didn't believe his words for a second.I wanted to tear him limb from limb but whatever he did had me exhausted and weak. It felt like the energy transfer, only unlike when Jade did it, I felt drained.

"You're lying," I grunted staring at him with stone cold eyes.

He stared at me frustrated by my response then punctuated his demeanor with a large exhale.

"Your father is an egotistical self-righteous idiot," He replied in an agitated tone. “All he had to do was tell me where my sons were. But he had to be the good soldier and refuse. And to be honest, I had no qualms with that, I wanted to kill the guy from the moment I met him."