Sub-Chapter 21: Least Expected

"Abby, do something!" Kadmiel warned.

Abby stood like a deer in the headlights as the shot spiraled back toward her. I don't think it ever dawned on her that her shot could be reversed. She had no moved. She was stuck. Even with all my abilities to breakdown weaknesses I couldn't find an out. No matter where she went she wasn't going to escape the path of that shot.

"There's nothing I can do," Abby replied head going a mile minute.

BARRRIER! Abby used the power she had to create a barrier like before but this time the shot burrowed throw it twice as fast and wasn't losing any momentum.

"Abby," Danielle replied in a pleading tone.

It seemed as if it had finally become apparent to Danielle that she had put Abby in a coffin corner and she had no way out. She looked terrified at the proposition.

BARRRIER! Abby tried feebly to make the barrier denser but the shot burned through it at an accelerated rate. Blood flooded out Abby's mouth and eyes as she fought to summon the power she had before.

"It's going to destroy her," Kadmiel shot terrified.

"Oh, my gosh," Beth added shaking her head sympathetically.

Time stood still as I watched what happened next. Danielle flash stepped blocking Abby's path.

"Dani, you're crazy if you think, I'm going to let you do this?" Abby shot.

"It's the least I can do," Danielle replied.

We all looked at each other unable to grasp what was going on. She had thrown herself in the path of her shot, our shot. She was going to be obliterated.

"She's crazy," Luke added almost breathless. "We have to do something?"

"We can't?" Sai shot. "We can't stop that thing."

"Well, we can try," Sam shot. "You ready, Tim, Jake?"

"You bet," I shot powering up.

"No," Jacob shot surprising.

"Why?" Sam replied pleading.

"All you'll be doing is going up in flames with her," Jacob replied talking sense into us. "That is a power shot that is the concentrated light energy of every remnant on our team. Do you have any idea how powerful that is? A lightning bolt is like a battery spark compared to that thing."

"Well, we can't just sit here and watch," Eve shot turning to us.

"We're not going to," Luke shot. "You ready, Jake?"

Jake nodded as Abby stared at Danielle in awe.

"Dani, get out of the way," Abby pleaded. "You already apologized. I don't know what's going to happen from this power but you don't deserve this."

"I may not deserve but I'll take it on because I'm not losing you again," Danielle shot. "Not again."

Abby shook her head as tears rolled down her eyes before taking a deep breath and showing a determined stare.

"Well, I may not be able to stop you but..." Abby replied grabbing Danielle just as the shot hit.

The light grew large as it drudged through Abby force field. They both braced themselves as the shot finally made it to them. They both fought protect each other as the shot exploded.

"Dani!" Sai screamed shielding herself as the light grew in large.

ABSOOORP! We all stared falling on our butts as the light slowly vanished waiting for an explosion. When none came we all fought to our feet to figure out what happened.