Sub-Chapter 18: Between A Rock and A Hard Place

I walked over to Jade as everyone in the building stared at me like I was a novelty item. It felt weird as all eyes were glued to me. Even with Jacob's performance I still had some moxy to my notoriety. A girl who was beyond beautiful stared at me with a look that just made me feel weird. I managed a smile and a nod but she stood staring at me like she was about to faint.

"Tim," Eve responded catching me off guard.

She was standing next to Jade and she had a look on her face that could have stopped a truck. I shrugged as she rolled her eyes.

"Not that," she responded shaking her head.  "Hurry up before Sam comes down.”

I sped up my stroll as she and Jade wore concerned looks.

"Ok," I responded. "What's going on?”

She pointed toward Jade without saying anything. I followed her motion as Jade continued.

“Have you met with Pete and Uriah?” he responded looking me in the eye.

I nodded yes as I responded.

“Yeah, Pete went over everything when I awoke, why?” I said turning to Eve in an asking manner.

Jade motioned for me to follow him as he entered one of the sound BAU booths. I followed looking at Eve who refused to make eye contact. Their demeanor was off-putting and it put me on edge. I didn’t understand why she and he were acting so weird. Pete and Uriah explained how ridiculous the mission was and just thinking about it made me queezy and when I considered Sam wasn’t even able to practice, I was so nervous about the situation I didn’t even want to think about it.

“What’s going on?” I asked becoming impatient.

Eve put her finger over her mouth as I entered. She closed the door to the booth and locked it behind us.

“You’re not going to kill me are you?” I joked with an awkward smile.

“Only if you don’t hurry up,” Eve replied shoving me further in.

I followed her as she sat down next to Jade. I plopped down next to her on to the breathing leather of the couch. I felt the leather and plucked at it. I raise my head as Eve’s eye caught mine. She looked like she wanted to send my head through the chair. I could visibly see a vein forming as she clinched her teeth.

“Tim, this is serious,” she replied shaking her head with a chuckle.

I nodded acknowledging her words.

“Well, what’s going on?” I replied turning to Jade.

He took a deep breath and continued.

“It’s about Sam,” he continued.

Again? I thought rolling my eyes with a sigh.

“What is it, now?” I replied sitting back in an exaggerated manner.

Jade stared at Eve surprised by my response. He shook it off as he continued.

“It’s about your undertaking,” he disclosed.

I nodded leaning forward as he spoke.

“Well,” I pried impatiently.

He raised his hand signaling for me to give him a second.

“It’s about Sam’s brother,” he continued.

His words put me on edge. The sarcasm seemed to suck out of me at the sound of his words.

“Yesterday, after our talk, I started thinking about him so I checked the Heaven Realm BAU’s hoping to get an update on his whereabouts. Theoretically, I figured things may have been out of sorts since you guys made yourself known,” he continued. “From time to time some of the lower level feeds will have interesting information so it’s not uncommon for Light Guard Prospects to check it for bounties and unofficial missions. I figured maybe I could filter the feed and look for things specific to Sam. So I did a DNA search and I stumbled across Sam’s brother.”