Sub-Chapter 11: Herschel of the Water Fog

“You’re correct but that doesn’t mean I can’t be impressed by the talents of someone almost a thousand years my junior,” she replied crossing her arms smugly.

UMPTF! Herschel grunted shooting torward.

Pang! Pang! He and the wind Damien clashed wind techniques switching sides after contact.

Herschel slid bent down on his knee using his hand and arm to slow and sturdy himself.

UGH! Ping! He grunted charging again. They clashed wind blades in a test of might.

“Damian, Flame Shower,” She ordered playing a tune on her flute.

WHOOSH! The wind Damien suddenly changed elements emitting a large flame. Herschel dove to safety just as the flame erupted inches away from him. He was adept at dodging and considering his adversary it was a skill that needed to be utilized.

“Element Delta and Beta, Wind and Water Command, Water whip,” Herschel commanded as a whip formed in his hand.

It was a good idea. He had to keep his distance.

“Trying to keep your distance, aye. I guess you’ve surmised these aren’t clones; it’s Damien. He can divide himself into five separate but joined replicas that can manipulate each element. Very unpredictable and powerful, best to keep your distance until you understand what you’re dealing with,” She replied antagonizing him.

She blew on her flute as the replicas fell in line.

“Attack,” she commanded as they charged.

GRRRRRL! They growled heading for Herschel. I wanted to join in so bad but I couldn’t risk the other two getting involved, for now, they were just sitting chuckling at the spectacle.

“Subatomic Third Dimension, Light Command, Sight Clones,” Herschel commanded strumming his guitar.

 His body split like Damien creating five clones which dove in different directions as the beasts attacked.

“Great idea,” Pete yelped catching on before I could. “Keep’em guessing.”

“Amazing,” I replied watching with childlike awe.

PING! The five replicas dueled back and forth clashing in the sky.

UMPF! POW! Herschel landed a punch then sent a hard knee to the face of one of the clones sending it flying.

His clones were like a spider web of confusion, they crossed and changed up so often it was hard to tell who the real one was, even for me.

“Good Job, Herschel, keep it up,” I replied finding myself cheering for my nemesis.

YAH! YAH! POW! One of the beasts stood confused as two fake clones throwing glancing blows vanished through it, before it could protect itself the real Herschel follow up with a haymaker punch sending yet another one of the replicas flying.

His fighting style was like nothing I had seen before. It was the perfect tool for a remnant lacking physical speed. It worked by the strength of concealment. It’s hard to tell where or when the real blow was coming. Herschel was impressive.

“I see you’re a student of the Helez Yad fighting style,” She replied slightly more concerned in her term as she called Damien back. “You must be of the Agrippa Tribe.”

Herschel stood breathing hard as both his and Damien’s clones and replicas disappeared.

“No, but my master was,” he exclaimed breathing hard. “My name is Herschel Champion, my master was Yiel Agrippa.”