Sub-Chapter 19: Can and Will

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sam didn't want to use his powers so in some way I had to force his hand. I didn't know what to do. every kick from Leo was like a ticking second on the clock in my mind. I had no other choice.

"I'm sorry Sam," I replied releasing the barrier I had on him.

KABOOOM! The explosion was huge. It immediately knocked  everyone on to their butts. Even I wasn't  expecting what happened next. The power I fought in the training room  was minimal in comparison to what we were witnessing at that time. What Sam was now I couldn't even recognize. The power was so dense that every attendee in the bottom part of the stadium fainted immediately.

"Sam," Sai shot rushing to her feet.

I watched in horror as Sam's energy slowly formed the lion but this time he was a hundred times larger than in the room.

"Tim," Jacob shot walking toward me.

I sat up at the sound of his voice. I was still dazed from the explosion. Jacob scooped me up by my collar.

"You let the barrier go on purpose," he accused. "Didn't you? "

"What was I supposed to do?" I shot. "He was getting pummeled."

He clinched his fist at his side angrily.

"Tim...why?!" He shot before turning to the rest of the legion. "Luke get these guys out of here. Tim and I will handle this, Sean I'll need you too actually."

Sean agreed adjusting his backpack as he joined us.

"Uriah, you're the fastest Remnant we got so get to the ref and tell him to suspend the match and get Leo out of their. Explain the severity of what's going on," Jacob shot.

For the first time since the Battle at New Angeles I actually saw a look of worry on his face as he motioned for the rest of the Legion to leave. They all hesitantly obeyed.

"Tim, don't do anything stupid," Pete shot.

I nodded as he and the rest of the Legion left for the barrier quarters.

"Abby, you guys get out of here too," Sean urged.

"No way, you saw what one shot of that flame did to Leo," Kadmiel shot. "We're not leaving you guys."

"They're getting Leo out now. And the three of us can handle it. You'll just be liability if you stay," Sean shot.

"Okay, but be careful," she shot as her and the rest of her legion rushed out.

Uriah shot to the ref as Jacob turned to us.

"Sean, you're going to have to find Sam?"

His words left me confused.

"Find Sam?" I pressed. "That is Sam."

Jacob shook his head and started to reply but before he could Sean explained.

"No he doesn't mean it like that, Tim. Dimensions are regulated by the eyes automatically. Right now, if we see the lion and Sam's will is being overpowered then Sam is no longer sharing the dimension with us."

"So, where is he?" I replied.

"Seeing as he is present. My guess is he's in the second dimension," he replied.

"Exactly, Sean I'm going to need you to send me to the second dimension so I can talk to Sam directly," Jacob ordered. "Tim, Sai said you have the controling spirit that can slow this thing down so you're going to have to keep this spirit at bay while we try to get Sam back in control."