Sub-Chapter 22: Deserving Heart

I sat trying to collect my witts as Eve, Pete and Beth cared for me. My body felt completely drained. I had developed another ability and my body was evolving to compensate at the worst possible time.

"What do you mean, you believe you're supposed to help Luke?" Pete replied.

I could barely speak. My eyes were flickering like a faulty lightbulb and I could feel every vein and cell in my body changing. It felt like it was taking all my energy to remain solid.

"I mean, I have a plan," I managed. "Just give me a second."

"Tim, you don't look too good," Sean replied kneeling in front of me. "I've never seen anything like it."

"Look at me," Pete replied staring in my eyes like a doctor. "Yeah, that was definitely a new ability. You're body's adapting again."

Luke and Benjamin continued to fight or Luke continued to get pounced around the stadium.

"Catch this one pretty boy," Benjamin replied.

PUNCH! He leveled Luke with a punch to the face that Luke slightly parried.

KICK! He caught Luke with a spinning back kick that Luke attempted to block with little effect as he slid backwards.

CRASH! He landed hard against a nearby wall.

"Woooo!" Benjamin taunted.

PUNCH! Benjamin landed another punch as Luke's blocking body ricocheted off the wall once again.

CRASH! Luke's body crumbled the pillar as it toppled down on top of him.

"Luke," Sai replied looking away.

I fought to stand as Pete and Sean forced me back down with little resistance from my leaning body.

"Tim you can't even stand," Eve replied. "What are you trying to do?"

I took a deep breath as my body began to ache.

"I need to talk to Luke," I willed.

I closed my eyes and prepared to use my BAU.

SHOCK! It felt like someone had contained an explosion inside my skull. The pain was excruciating and disorienting.

"Ahhh!" I let out in pain as my body was flooded with an electrical shock.

"Tim, stop trying to use your BAU," Pete ordered. "Your body is overloading with information right now. It's weird."

His eyes were vacant with light as he surveyed me.

"Your body is literally reforming itself," Pete continued. "I never seen anything like this. It's not like the Doms at all. Your body is being almost reformatted like some super computer hard drive."

I fought to my feet once again using all the strength I had in me. I couldn't use my BAU so I was going to have to find a way to get to Luke and tell him the old fashion way. But it was easier said than done. It took every bit of faith energy I had to command my nervous system to work accordingly. To take a step took forever.

"Tim, what are you trying to do?" Sean asked seconding Eve.

"Luke's problem," I continued. "He can't control his faith energy not because he doesn't believe God will give him the power, but deep down he doesn't want Father Yahweh to give him the power. This guy has him believing that he deserves this. It's crap."

"Then tell me. I'll transmit it to Luke," Eve begged.

"No!" I fired shocking her. "I have to tell him."