Sub-Chapter 11: The End of the First Trial

I clinched my fist and before he could finish his sentence I struck.

BANG! His eyes grew as big as two sand dollars as I laid into him.

“Ask and you shall receive,” I replied brimming with confidence.

I couldn’t believe how amped I was. I guess all the time on the sideline had energized me. I was ready to go. He smiled wiping the smudge of blood from his fur.

“Well, let’s begin. Shall we?!” he responded coming at me.

SWOOSH! WHAM! He threw a telegraphed punch I saw coming a mile away. I ducked under the punch and nailed him with another haymaker sending him flying in the opposite direction.

GRRRROWL! He let out charging me again.

I dodged with ease. I couldn’t believe how slow and clumsy he was. Sam was more disciplined.

“Come on,” I replied under my breath. “You have got to be kidding me?”

WHAM! ZOOM! FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP! BLAM! I caught him with another knee charge to his jaw.  He flew up like a rocket. I charged and flash-stepped meeting him at the ascent of his height. I went into overdrive punching him with flash-step like speed. I was going so fast it looked like I had a thousand hands.

“AHHHH!” he let out crashing into the water underneath us.

He went to charge me again before his brother words stopped him.

“Brother,” Jormungandr screamed as I landed the finishing blow.

“What, Brother?” Fenrir asked frustrated.

“He’s an Eli,” he replied angrily. “Physical combat is his birthright.”

Fenrir smiled deviously.

“Well, then maybe I should use my own birthright,” he replied as his eyes went vacant shining in a dark black that turned them into black holes.

The environment began to shake throwing my balance off.

“Well, let’s see how good you are in elemental control,” he replied causing two crashing waves to emanate from the water below us.

The wave hung over me darkening the atmosphere around him. I didn’t even blink raising my hand stopping the water in mid-air.

“Impressive,” Jormungandr responded. “It seems your more than the typical brain dead Eli battering ram.”

Fenrir’s eyes squinted inquisitively scanning me surprised by my display of control.

ROARRRRR! He let out pulling mountain sized boulders from under the water.

“Try stopping these,” he let out sending the boulders at me angrily.

AHHHH! BOOOOM! I powered up and prepared myself for the blunt attack. I charged the first boulder exploding it on contact.

“Element  Delta and Epilson, Earth and Wind Command,  Flying spurs,” I replied using the scattered piece of boulders to my advantage.

SWOOP! SWOOP! BOOM! The boulders exploded as I sent the spurs flying in their directions.

ROARRRRR! SWING! Fenrir took a swing at me from the cover of one of the boulders using flashstep. I was one step ahead of him but he was fast and even with my speed, anointed sight and sharp reflexes he was hard to keep a bead on.

“Stop running you coward,” he shouted swinging wildly.

It seemed like the madder he got the harder it was for me to control him. It was almost like it energized him. It made him unpredictable. His moves and techniques were all over the place.