Sub-Chapter 14: Stop Whining Start Winning

“Yeah, yeah,” Pete continued to mock.

He had to have a plan there was no way he was that stupid. He had to have something up his sleeve. I couldn’t think of anything he could possible do against a force like her. She stared at him with a look that sent a shiver up my spine.

“You have no idea, the power I possess prospect,” she replied. “Sadly, that’ll be your undoing.”

“Big talk,” Pete replied.

“Is it?” she replied sternly.

WHOOSH! The atmosphere became thick almost like the gates of hell were opening as she raised her hands high over her head. The outpour of gas caused Pete to cover his mouth as foul sulfuric smell filled the air.

“What the…?” he replied coughing as he spoke.

BUMPF! Sai and I dropped to the ground as she finally released us. I moved my fingers making sure I had actually regained complete control of my senses.

“How is she able to do that?” Sai replied moving her jawed around like she had been punched square.

“It’s all subatomics,” Pete replied. “Your lips nerves are all cells that work through a law.”

“That would have been good to know before she muted us,” I replied.

 Slowly an ear shattering rupture sounded all around us creating a gorge the size of the Grand Canyon. 

“What is that?” Sai replied turning to the sound.

It looked like the world was collapsing in on itself as the terrain around us crumbled.

“Pete, let’s get out of here,” I replied in awe of what I was seeing.

“No,” Pete replied.

“What do you mean, no?!” I responded turning to him angrily.

“I mean we can’t,” he replied pointing ahead.

“Why can’t we?” I asked getting more agitated.

“I don’t know… that,” Sai cut in pointing ahead.

I turned and stared in horror. The ground split open with a sound that rung like a gigantic brass horn.  The smell was overwhelming. If it was bad before now it was three times that.

“What is that?” I replied nervous. “What is she doing?”

Sai turned to me with look signifying that it was something I should already know.

“You can’t feel that?” she replied flabbergasted by my demeanor.

As she spoke I finally acknowledged the feeling that had been creeping up my spine since the sound erupted. It was the feeling you feel when you’re walking down a dark alley in a bad neighborhood times a thousand.

“This can’t be…It feels like purgatory,” I replied astonished. “And there were millions of demons there. How many can be here?”

Pete looked at his watch as if to be preparing himself.

“I don’t know but this feels like more than a small battalion,” Pete replied. “I think we’ve stumble onto a hornets nest.”

Sai shook her head sarcastically.

“More like a lion’s den,” she added pointing catching our attention.

As we turned I raised my hands in frustration. Vile beasts of every kind climbed from the canyon. It looked like ants climbing from a colony. There were so many.