Sub-Chapter 19: Traitor Bait

"You traitor," Sam replied writhing in pain.

Isaiah released his embrace. He turned to Sam staring at him like he had broken a cardinal rule. He walked over to Sam and kicked him in the head as hard as he could.

"Shut your mouth," he replied

A  stream of blood streamed from Sam's nose as a result of the kick. He jostled around trying to free himself as the spirit inside him began to take over. I had to do something.

"I don't care if you're my brother or not if you talk like that to me again I'll boil you in a river of melted hex metal," he replied patting Sam on the head sinisterly.

His words seemed to calm Sam.

"What did you say?" Sam replied turning to me.

Isaiah put his hand over his mouth in a sarcastically regretful manner.

"Oops," he replied shrugging his shoulders mocking me. "I guess the cats out of the bag."

"What is he talking about?" Sam continued.

Isaiah stepped in between the two of us kneeling down looking Sam in the eye.

"Why are you looking at him for answers about anything?" Isaiah prodded. "Just leave it to big bro. I'll connect the dots for ya."

He smiled at me mocking me more as he continued patting Sam on the head in a sarcastically loving manner.

"You see your cousin here, and pretty much everyone in the Heaven Realm has been keeping a gigantic secret from you. Your father isn't dead, neither is your brother," he replied standing up and spreading his arms in a showcasing type manner. "Tah-dah, we're both right here in the flesh."

I wanted to permanently shut his mouth but my body wasn't my own. It was similar to the feeling I felt from Sam's power in the Hannoch Similation. My nervous system was haywire. When I tried to move my hand my knee would bend and when I would try to open my eyes my toes would crinkle. Sam looked utterly destroyed.

"Tim, is it true?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, Sam. But Jade made us promise..."

As I went to speak my words went out as if someone had taken away my sound chords. My mouth was moving but no words were coming out.

"Save it," Phillip replied. "You've lied enough. What about the whole Revelations Agency situation? Did Jade ask you to keep that to yourself?"

He replied sternly. I stared at him bewildered as to how he could know all he knew.

"Surprised," he mocked with a raise of his brow. "Well, I'll do you one better. I knew Sam was my son."

He replied backing away chuckling.

"I mean, how thick would I have to be? He's the spitting image of his mother," Phillip shot pointing at Sam and looking back at his men like a comedian.

Sam's gaze went from me to him. Even Isaiah seemed thrown by his words.

"Then how could you beat your own son?" I replied starting to gain control of some of my muscle functions. "You beat him like a drum."

He laughed a snide chuckle mocking my words.

"Well, point blank, the kid is an embarrassment," he replied. "All throughout the trials, every hour I'm hearing stories...but that score was the last straw. Then he gets here and embarrasses me further. If it wasn't for the fact that I needed John I would have killed him."

His words were harsh for me. I could only imagine how Sam must have felt. But once again he showed no emotion. He just fought to get loose. I guess in his mind he had heard the worst his entire life what harm was one more comment, even if it was from his father.