Sub-Chapter 17 - Three's Company

“You’re talking about the downfall of you and your legion, right?” I asked.

He nodded. His eyes no longer filled me with fear but now gave off a more destitute distant look that filled me with the kind of sympathy one would get when looking at a blind man.

“I like Michael was trusted along with Legion to make sure Seth’s children weren’t wiped out by Cain’s offspring. This was a mandatory because the war between the two families wasn’t even. Cain’s children had learned secrets of war while Seth’s children were peaceful and forest dwellers who wanted to follow Adam’s lead and take care and restore the balance of the planet,” He continued. “Cain’s children were warriors, they systematically searched and destroyed all of Seth’s children so much so that they had to go into hiding, but the world wasn’t big enough. No matter where we hid them, they were found and brutally destroyed. Seth protected them but he realized running wasn’t going to suffice. He unlike Cain was there when Adam passed.”

His words were foreign as I stared befuddled by his statement.

“What do you mean?” I asked pressing him.

He turned to Michael who once again gave him a permissive nod.

“The story that is in your bible is not the end of Adam and Eve’s story?” He continued. “Adam was the first being God had ever created that had to die with doubt. So while on his death bed he called all his children and grandchildren together and for the first time he had Eve explained who Father Yahweh was and why they were no longer in the Garden and no longer able to travel to the Heavenly Realm, then sent Seth to beg for forgiveness on his behalf and get his father his last dying wish of his favorite fruit from the garden. Seth battled all types of beast and beings to get to the Garden and once there he spoke with Yahweh and beg on the behalf of his father. Father Yahweh forgave Adam and upon his death he was taken to the Heaven Realm along with Abel and soon after his mother Eve died and was taken. The became the first members of the high council in the human quadrant but meanwhile here on Earth me and my group were left in charge of making sure Seth and his family were not destroyed by Cain’s family. Each Angel in our legion was in charge of a woman by order of Michael under the advice of Seth.”

I turned to Michael at the sound of his name. He turned to the entrance in a coy attempt to look away. I turned back to Semyaza more entrenched into the words he was about to say.

“Michael…and Seth to an extent, they  trusted us to watch over the women until a boy could be born to wife them, and for a time there wasn’t a problem, but that was until Seth’s granddaughter Diana came along,” he replied shaking his head.

“Diana,” I replied. “It sounds so...”

“She was also known as Rhea the mother of the most powerful Olympians,” he continued.

Before I could reply he continued.

 “She was so beautiful. The only thing close to her was Eve. I had never felt attraction before. I didn’t understand the pull of the heart the obsessive thoughts and weird feelings that arose from it. She was a wise woman. She understood the effect she had on all men. She was another Lilith. She was supposed to be married several time but refused. She never felt any man was good enough for her. As she rebelled she became more and more provocative tempting my legion. As a result a majority of my legion mates couldn’t watch over her because they said she would purposely tempt them so I was constantly changing her watcher until finally I had to take over myself. Immediately she had me drawn in. Years passed and we became closer and closer until I was sure for the first time that I was in love with her. I wanted to be with her like Adam was with Eve and I didn’t think that could happen. When I went to excuse myself based on these feelings several of my Legion mates disclosed they were in similar situations. They said why should these women who are not marrying be by themselves for the rest of their lives and why shouldn’t we be able to have someone to love,” he replied in a pleading tone.