Sub-Chapter 13: Watch and See

They clashed head on with Kadmiel winning the exchange. Beth bounced violently ricocheting hard off the ground and landed with a plunge in the deep part of one of the ponds.

“Element Alpha, Light Command, Electric Shock,” Kadmiel replied sending a ripple of electricity toward the water.

“Beth, move,” Pete replied.

She panicked shooting to her feet.

AHHH! She let out as the light hit the pool sending an electrical current through the water that caused the water to boil. Beth hovered as the electrical current surged through her. Kadmiel raised her hand as more and more volts shot through her.

“Submit, Invoke Paradosis,” Kadmiel replied.

Beth fought to release herself as she continued pouring electrical current into the pond. Beth had fought valiantly but she was stuck. She wasn’t an elemental; she couldn’t control elemental light energy, so there was no way for her to break free, and with all the volts flowing through her it was like shock therapy. She couldn’t think. It was the perfect attack. It didn’t look good.

"We have to do something?' I said leaning forward.

AHHHH! Beth continued to scream hovering as the electricity flowed through her.

“What are we going to do?” I replied. “Beth can’t hear us because of the light energy.”

Pete shook his head annoyed.

AHHHHHHH! Beth let out another blood curdling yelp as the light shot through her.

“Just Invoke Paradosis,” Kadmiel urged continuing to send the wave of electricity. “It’ll be over.”

“How can she invoke paradosis if she can’t speak,” I asked worried.

Pete turned to me angrily clinching his hand and pounding his fist on the console.

“She can’t but we can,” he replied gritting his teeth as he spoke. “She’s trying to stall us out.”

AHHHHHH! Beth continued to scream. I couldn’t take it. It was like torture.

“So, how do we do that?” I replied.

He looked at me surprised by my words.

“Don’t worry about it,” he replied in an accusing tone.

I stared at him offended and concerned.

“Pete?!” I fired.

“No,” he shot back turning toward me. “I’m not letting Beth down. She’s not a weakling. She’s fighting in there and I’m not going to let her down by not having faith in her.”

I sympathized with his words but the truth was she was screaming in agony. There was no fighting, there was only enduring. Pete could be stubborn at times, but this time he was being arrogant. He didn’t want to admit he was wrong about Beth and it was costing her.

AHHHHHH! Beth’s screaming started to take a toll on my psyche. I had to do something.

“It’s over, Invoke Paradosis before her human body is damaged beyond repair,” Kadmiel seemed to reply almost pleading with us.

“Pete, tell me how to stop this,” I commanded angrily.

He stared at me angrily and turned back to the screen without saying a word.

“Pete, you were wrong,” I continued. “This isn’t about you. If you’re her friend than do what’s right by her.”

He turned to me in a gasping like demeanor.