Sub-Chapter 22: Ending at the Beginning

"Are you okay?" Sai replied hugging Luke.

It was obvious the fight had taking a toll on him regardless of the façade he put on. Sai came over offering aid as he gently pushed her away in protest. It was clear he was trying to hide his obvious fatigue as he stared across at Thomas.

"I'll be fine," he replied. "We just got one more. I'll tell you after we've put a nail in that coffin."

"Easier said than done," Sean responded.

"C'mon, three against one," Sam shot. "I don't care what you say. As good as we are this should be a snap."

Eve chuckled throwing her arm around Sam's neck.

"Sam can be a little pie in the sky but, even I'll have to agree with him on this one," Pete cut in.

Sean smiled shaking his head in a semi relenting manner. Even he seemed convince that for once it looked as if we clearly had the advantage. But only an advantage. I could tell by his demeanor that he had immense faith in this guy's ability.

"So, this guy must be tough," I replied picking up on his demeanor.

He smiled with a nod.

"I won't kid you, if anybody can explain the extent of his power, it's me. He's my best friend," Sean replied in a relenting. "We've trained together since I arrived. He's no joke. As impressive as you guys are, he has the heart of lion and the power of one too boot. He may be in over his head but we've been in worse. He's pulled me out of the fire more times than you can imagine. To completely honest, he reminds me a lot of you."

His eyebrow raised as he pointed at me in matter of fact type tone. I looked over at Luke as he and Jacob expressed embraces. Jacob wore a look of supreme pride as he patted Luke on the shoulder as they made their way toward the rest of the legion. He looked confident as ever. I shook my head reflecting on Sean's words as the rest of the legion celebrated.

"Yes, we're about to win?!" Eve replied.

She rejoiced grabbing a hold of my arm and pulling me over for a hug with her, Sai, and Beth.

"Man, can you believe it?" Sam added. "We're so close."

As they celebrated Thomas walked to the center of the arena catching everyone's attention. He looked indifferent. He wore the customary white pearly armor with orange streaks and an orange hoody that peaked out of the back of his chest plate. He had his hair cut into a fauxhawk and wore large diamond earrings that looked like they were two stars attached to the ends of his ears.

"What's this about?" I replied as the proctor walked to the center of the arena.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Sam seconded.

Our attention turned to the center as a hush fell on the crowd. They seemed to be as confused as we were by the situation.

"Jade?" Eve replied turning to Jade in an asking manner.

Jade motioned for her to wait as the proctor lowered his head dropping to Thomas's level as they continued. He nodded as he spoke to Thomas as the two went back and forth keeping everyone else in suspension. Thomas and the proctor exchanged a final nod as the proctor turned and signaled something to the council that caused the crowd to erupt in a mix of cheers and groans.

"That's unfortunate," Jade replied shaking his head.

He wore a look that fell between annoyed and disappointed. Everyone crowded around him waiting for an explanation for what had just occurred.