Chapter 26: Her Underhanded Methods

Don't forget to vote and comment, loves♡ It takes seconds!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I clutched the piece of paper between my hands, and my fingers shivered with disbelief and despair. I discarded it, and it hit the ground, as I grabbed another paper from his desk, and examined it.

Again, my whole emotional, mental, and psychological state shook with anguish and distress.

I grabbed another paper, scanned it, and then threw it. Another paper, and another.

What the hell?

Even those he had thrown on the ground, which were basically some inches away from him behind his desk, I had crossed the distance to stand some inches away from him, behind his desk, as I examined them.

My state got not any better the more I saw of the papers, and I collapsed on my knees inches away from his royal chair behind his desk.

My tears had fogged my vision, and they started eloping in pairs from either my eyes.

Nothing in the papers... Not a number, not a word, not anything I had written or even remembered myself scribble. Nothing.

The only thing that proved they were mine was my name at the end of the assignment, add to that that I'd personally submitted the file without double-checking, like an idiot.

I did not sign at the end of my assignment yesterday, I only wrote my name thinking that was not necessary.

The statistics, the analysis, everything was gone... My hard work of yesterday... They all vanished.

I sobbed, and quickly put my hand over my mouth to suppress another sob from escaping.

It cannot be. How can such a thing happen in such a place? We're supposed to be adults here, no?!

"I... did not write this." I sniffed, pleading, my fingers shaking as I tightened my grip over the papers between them.

I knew my name was at the end of the assignment, and I had handed the file to him by my own hands.

He did not turn, not even glance in my direction.

"Your assignment, Miss Velton." ─was all what he voiced, completely unfazed by what I said or what happened.

The cursed ginger head approached and handed him her file, a wicked triumphant smirk drawn across her lips.

I balled my fists, my nails burying so deep in my flesh I almost felt they're going to slice through it.

Damn her. I had promised I won't show her any weakness. I promised I'd show them both I'm strong, and that I don't cry because I want pity. I just broke all that. I cried ─only to prove every prejudice each of them had about me.

Then something caught my sight.

And my eyes widened.

A very tiny, almost invisible speck, violet-colored, that seemed like paint or something of that sort, was present on the top right of the paper in front of me, on the ground.

I looked closely at it, touching it curiously. It was dry.

This... Paint? What brought it here? I don't recall us having any pen or marker with the color of violet in our office. This said, what's this? And more importantly, why does it seem like I should know what it is?

Some part of my mind screamed something about this spec.

The bubblegum beauty lit a cigarette meanwhile, as she placed it between her lips, using both her index and middle fingers.