Chapter 15: Fire me Instead!

If you like our story, it only takes seconds to vote and support♡ Enjoy!
~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Slap!

I slapped him.

Jaden's head whipped to the left, as my right hand made contact with his cheek just seconds before his face touched mine.

He seemed shocked, his eyes had widened as his hands let go of my wrists, and his breath became unsteady.

The moment I felt his hands let go, I quickly marched past him, in an attempt to maintain a distance between us.

Once I was far enough of him and close enough to the door of the office, I spoke again.

"What are you doing? Are you okay?" I snapped, my voice shivering and a bit louder than usual.

He still stood there, as he slowly turned towards me.

"Charlotte." My name crossed his lips through clenched teeth, and a furious voice.

He came closer.

I stepped back.

"Why..." His jaw tightened, "Why did you push me away?" His voice was strangled, and he was trying obviously hard not to shout at me.

I gulped, "Y-You were..." I blushed as I avoided meeting his eyes, "Coming too close! Of course I had to stop you, and bring you back to your senses!" I reasoned.

"Look into me when you're talking, damn!" I felt his hands grabbing my face fiercely and turning it to face him.

My legs shivered, as I shook my head to get free from his grip. Then I took a step back.

Things are starting to get out of hand! Is he drunk? On a pill? Just what's with him!

"The hell is up with you, Jaden! You're scaring me!! And we're at work, stop this!!" I spoke sharply. "Do you have any idea what will happen if the president learns about any of this?!"

"Why do you care so much? And why do you think I would care?" He questioned dryly, and shot me a cold look, "Do you seriously think I give two fucks if I get kicked out?" His voice was loud enough this time to echo through the halls of the golden floor.

Um, well I do?

My eyes widened, and it took me some minutes to register his words, "Okay stop, this is becoming really creepy! You barely recognized me when you saw me!"

"I already told you I was fucking shocked when I saw you, not that I didn't know it's you!" His voice became gentler, as he resumed, "You really believe that it's possible for me to forget you? You idiot!" He looked away from me, as his ears slowly turned into a shade of red, a hint of nostalgia in his eyes.

I stood there, and only looked at him, but did not say anything.

His words kind of put me on the defensive side, where I was only listening, but not really retorting.

"My times with you were priceless... I'd trade the world to bring them back, and you think I'd forgotten you?" He suddenly spoke, and my heart clenched.

"Uh─" I started, but he continued.

"I regret dumping you years ago. I was a jerk." His voice was serious, and it had guilt in it.

"Wh-What are you..." My voice wobbled.

He stepped closer, and I took a step back till my back touched the door.