He's Nice.

IVORY

By the time lunch had come around, I was nervous again. I wasn't usually one for social interaction, so the prospect of sitting in the cafeteria surrounded by people wasn't a time I was looking forward too. I was certain some company would be nice - I just had to find the courage to actually form words. 

"Hey Ivory!" Alex called from the hallway. 

"Hi." I breathed, offering an awkward small wave as I emerged from my previous class. 

"You ready to meet the guys?" He smiled, his eyes shining with excitement. 

"Sure." I said, trying to mask the nerves and slight excitement I feeling.

We brushed past the hustle of students going to various places, the older girls going to the bathroom to fix their make-up, the geeks to library for security and sports people to the gym for a quick 'work out' session. My usual place at lunch was Mr. Farmer's room, where I could sit, eat and read in peace while he graded papers. But currently I was walking to the cafeteria with a boy I'd only ever spoken to once before. 

"After you." Alex smiled, holding the door open. I nodded gratefully and walked in, only to be faced with majority of the school. In the middle of the room sat the older guys with various girls hanging off them, one of them being my sister. When we made eye contact she raised an eyebrow at me, before shrugged and started thrusting her chest towards James again, who looked less than pleased. 

"So Ivory, this is Jack and Rian, Jack and Rian, this is Ivory." Alex introduced, when we had approached a table in the corner. 

"Blink Girl!" Jack smiled, jumping up and offering his hand out. I smiled and shook it, noticing the happy look in his eyes. 

"Hey Ivory." Rian said calmly. I waved and sat next to Alex, opposite Jack.

"So Ivy, can I call you Ivy?" Jack said excitedly. 

"Uh- Ivory's fine." I said, trying to ignore the twist in my stomach. 

"Oh...well Ivory, what's your favourite blink song then?" He beamed. 

Conversation carried on through majority of lunch, the topic of music proving to be popular throughout. I had noticed Alex's arm was casually draped over the back of my chair to which I was lent against, but assumed it was purely for his own comfort. Jack had also been sending sly winks to Alex throughout the whole of lunch which I had also chosen to ignore. 

When the bell rang signaling for us to get to our final class, I got up and thanked the guys for inviting me, and then headed off to my final class which happened to be math. 

"Wait Ivory!" Alex called. I stopped and stepped to the side to wait for him to catch up. "Hey."

"Hi." I said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"The guys and me were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us later?" 

"I would but I'm working..."

"Oh...well we'll see you tomorrow then yeah?" He asked hopefully. 

"Sure." I said, nodding before slipping back into the flow of people. 

~

"So you actually made a friend?" Taylor teased.

"I wouldn't go that far." I sighed, currently led underneath an old BMW belonging to a man named Peter. 

"So tell us about him..." Matt teased, appearing from the office, his face covered with oil smudges. 

"He's nice." I said bluntly, sliding back under the BMW. 

"Seriously that's it?" Taylor scoffed. 

"Yup!" I yelled from under the car. 

"So this guy walks you to music, invites you to have lunch with him, puts his arm around throughout said lunch, then asks to hang out again....and he's just nice." Matt laughed. 

I laughed from the under car and slid back from under it, propping myself up on my elbows and sending a wink Matt's way. 

"Excuse me? Are you Taylor?" A voice said from the doorway, I stood up to see the one and only man himself stood there.

Alex.

He had changed since school to some tight black jeans and a Green Day shirt. I gave him a small smile as his eyes widened in realisation. 

"Ivory?"