Maybe...

IVORY

Things remained as normal after that day, except for the growing friendship between me and Alex. He always came to the shop each morning to walk to school with me, and balanced time with sitting with Jack and Rian with sitting with me. Now don't get me wrong, I thought Rian and Jack were awesome, but Jack couldn't get out of the habit of calling me Ivy. Obviously he didn't know why I didn't like the name, and for that I couldn't be mad at him, but it stung every time I heard it.

"Ivory-Grace get your butt out of class we're going out." Alex smirked.

I grinned from my seat, I was sat in Mr. Farmer's room doing some extra revision despite the fact the bell had gone. I looked from Alex to Mr. Farmer who smiled and nodded.

"Go on, have fun you." He smiled.

"Thank you sir!" I beamed, collecting my things and walking to Alex, he bent down and kissed my cheek before swinging his arm over my shoulder.

"So where are we going?" I smiled.

"When I said out...I kind of meant my house." He chuckled nervously, my stomach turned into knots but I smiled anyway.

"Could we stop off at Mike's? I need to tell Taylor."

"No worries." He smiled, dropping his arm to my waist and plugging a headphone in my ear.

~~

ALEX

I watched her walk in the shop, Taylor quickly dropped everything and wrapped his arms around her. She happily returned the hug, whispering something to him, before going over to Matt's station.

"Yo, Alex? Can I have a word?" Taylor asked, I nodded and walked inside, greeted by the familiar scent of oil and car engines.

"Please don't try anything on her at your house okay? As in a sexual way - I mean, I know you like her and that's fine but she's damn nervous about this so just be aware."

"I w-wouldn't dare, honestly." I replied, ignoring the 'I know you like her'.

"Just don't push it." He warned, as Ivory reappeared on Matt's back.

"Thanks Matty!" She grinned, bouncing over to me and hiding under my arm. I kissed her forehead and smiled at the guys, Ivory blew a kiss and began the walk to mine.

~

"So why won't you sit with us at lunch?" I sighed for the millionth time, Ivory was being distant, and quiet. She was sat on my floor while I was sat on my bed, I had offered her a drink, she refused, I tried to be close to her, she moved back.

"Jack calls me Ivy." She mumbled.

"I'll tell him to stop." I offered.

"We tried that." She said quietly, folding her hands into her sleeves.

"Ivory...what's up?" I said, getting up and sitting opposite her, our knee's touching.

"Nothing, Lex, I'm fine, just tired." She smiled. I reached up and pushed a strand of hair away from her face before resting my hand on her cheek.

"Why do you do t-that?" She questioned.

"What?" I smiled, leaning closer to her.  

"Be all...close and intimate and stuff..." She trailed off, blushing.

"I d-don't know, I'm s-sorry?" I stammered, shuffling backwards. A sad expression clouded her features and she shook her head.

"I wasn't complaining..." She mumbled, lowering her head so her fringe covered her eyes. I chuckled and moved closer again, to her side, and threw my arm around her shoulder.

"Movie?" I asked.

"Okay." She smiled, cuddling into my side.

~~

"You guys! Get together already!" Jack sighed. Ivory had decided to be brave and sit with Jack and Rian during lunch. He had called her Ivy once, and the bruise forming on his leg decided he wouldn't be doing it again.

"Shut up Jack..." She mumbled, turning to bury her head in my shoulder.

"Not helping here Ivory-Grace..." I laughed, kissing her forehead.

"Why do you call her that?" Rian asked through a mouthful of fries.

"Just do." I smiled, she looked up at me smiled back, winking as she did.

"I gotta go see Mr. Farmers..." She whispered to me.

"You've seen him every day, why do you have to go?"

"I promised, he wants to check up on me because...never mind."

"Ivory-Grace tell me."

"See you guys!" She smiled, picking up her bag and walking away, folding her hands in her sleeves to hide the nervousness. I watched after her, a big smile placed over my features. She looked adorable like that, vulnerable but in a cute way. She looked like she needed protection, someone to hold her and keep her safe - I could be that guy, th-

"Yo - Alex? Earth to Alex?" 

"Whaa..."

"I rest my case." Rian laughed. 

"What case?" I asked, ruffling my fringe. 

"The case regarding: How much you really like Ivy." Jack laughed. 

"Ivory." I scolded.

"Sorry..." Jack mumbled. 

"But yeah - you still like her." Rian smiled. 

"Whatever..." I laughed, my stomach tying in knots at the thought. Maybe I did like Ivory....

"I'm gonna go find her." 

A/N: Thank you for all the lovely comments, I love hearing from you guys:)