Saving Grace.

Ivory bounced around, checking out the window every two seconds in the hope a car would pull up. She had busied herself all day doing pointless things, jobs such as cleaning the oven and organizing Alex's ever growing CD collection. The sound of a car horn interrupted her thoughts, she dashed to the window without a second thought and beamed at the sight of the black SUV pulling up on the drive. She hurried to the front door, unlatched it and threw it open, sprinting outside and back into the arms of her loved one.

"Alex!" She squealed.

Alex grinned at the sight of his girl, he wrapped his arms around her petite waist and lifted her off the ground, her legs winding themselves across his hips as they span. Ivory giggled and let her arms fly into the air before falling down into Alex's tangled hair. 

"You're home." She smiled, resting her forehead on his. 

Alex nodded softly, gazing up at the sight of their house. It was a modern house located on the outskirts of Baltimore, it's exterior resembled that of a country house, with flowers and vines decorating the walls, but in contrast the interior held a modern yet homely theme. With paintings of Peter Pan and other novels Ivory was so fond of, and guitars and CD releases echoing down the hallways. There wasn't a house in the world that reflected the couple so much, it was their's, a part of them they had fought for together. 

"So how was New York?" Ivory asked, walking inside still wrapped around Alex.

"Good thank you angel." He replied, noticing the blush painting his lover's cheeks at the old nickname.

"Better than when you first went there, you know the first ever tour you guys did?" 

"So much better, that wasn't a good time was it?" He said, placing her down and walking into their kitchen, it's style resembling that of a farmhouse kitchen. 

"No." She mumbled, turning away and placing the kettle on.

Alex frowned at her sudden change in emotion, he walked over and placed his big hands on her waist, resting his chin on her head. Remembering her Dad's breakdown was a touchy subject for Ivory, despite his recovery. He now lived back in the house with Mary-Anne, who Ivory had grown fond of after she revealed her love of literature. 

"I have something for you." Alex murmured in her ear, dragging his lips down and playfully biting her earlobe. 

"Another bracelet?" She chuckled, lifting her wrist to show the many he had given her over the 8 years they had been together.

"No love, think I've worn that one out a bit eh?" He grinned, pressing a kiss to her temple. 

"You know I'd still love it." She shrugged, leaning her head back against his shoulder. 

"I'm aware darling." He smiled, releasing her waist and walking into their living room. It was a large space, complete with a flat screen TV on the wall, long corner sofa's and many little ornaments they had collected from their trips to England and other countries. 

"So what's the surprise?" Ivory asked excitedly. 

"Sit." Alex commanded, his beaming facial features removing the violence from his instruction. 

Ivory complied and curled up next to him, grabbing an old jumper from the back of the sofa and slipping it over her figure. Alex paused his movements and gazed at her getting comfortable, before he had processed what he was doing he leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, bringing Ivory's own movement to a halt. They stared at each other for a moment, a smile cracking on each of their faces. Alex moved forward and caught her lips with his own, holding her waist with one hand and cupping her porcelain cheek with the other.