We're Fine.

IVORY

"Ivory talk to him!" Mr. Farmers sighed.

"I do." I mumbled, turning my head away and continuing to read.

"It's been a week Ivory and you haven't uttered a word to him during class or out of school, Taylor tells me you've barely left the shop this week." He tutted.

"We're fine." I whispered, not looking up.

"Ivo-"

He was cut off as the bell rang and a hoard of students filed into class - including Alex. Mr. Farmers was right in some respects, I hadn't really spoken to Alex at all, but I still loved him, I was just struggling at the moment. My thoughts were cut off as someone's hand brushed along my arm as they walked past me, I looked up and saw Alex sending a small, hopeful expression towards me as he walked to his seat across the classroom. I offered him a small smile in return before turning away again. I noticed Alex put his head in his hands and slump down in the corner of my eye, Rian patted his shoulder sympathetically and turned to see Mr. Farmers.

"Everything okay Mr. Gaskarth?" He questioned.

"Sure." He mumbled, removing his head from his hands and fixing his gaze on me.

I shuffled nervously as Mr. Farmers began the lesson. I shouldn't be nervous. I scolded myself. Alex didn't kiss her, it was Chelsea's fault. I reminded myself. Turn around, smile at him. I ordered. I took a deep breath and tilted my head to look at him. His eyes lit up as I smiled, causing me to giggle quietly. 

"Ivory? Could you take this to the office?" Mr. Farmers asked.

"Okay." I mumbled, keeping my head down as I walked to the front.

"Can I go too?" Alex blurted out.

"Go ahead." Mr. Farmers smiled. Alex pushed out of his chair and opened the door for me before following after.

"You smiled at me." He grinned as we walked down the halls.

"Yeah...?" I chuckled.

"Nothing, it's just, I thought you were still, mad at me...." He blushed.

I lowered my head and continued to walk, Alex sighed and reached for my hand, hoping for what had happened at lake, but despite my actions before,

 I don't do hand holding.

"Ivory please..." He pleaded quietly.  We reached the office and I politely handed over the slip, the lady glared at me making me wince and shuffle back into Alex, who promptly wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Enough you two, you've caused enough trouble." Ms. Barker spat.

"Charming." Alex whispered, keeping his grip on my waist tight.  I snorted and quickly pressed my face into Alex's chest to hide my laughter. He grinned and kissed the top of my head while Ms. Barker lectured us of how stressed Mr. Farmers had been lately.

"But you wouldn't understand would you Ivory dear? The most you know is how to clean my car, good luck in the future sweetheart." She said sarcastically.

"You can't say that! You don't know anything about her!" Alex growled, pushing me behind him slightly.

"I know plenty, now get back to class." She spat again.

I sighed and grabbed Alex's hand to stop him arguing back. He quickly pulled me into his arms and stumbled into an empty classroom.

"You okay?" He whispered, pressing us against the wall.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"She doesn't know what she's saying, it's just gossip, you're so much more than what she said." He said forcefully, tilting my head up with his finger and resting his forehead on mine.

"It's nothing new, don't worry." I sighed, casting my eyes down.

"Why is it not new?" He questioned.

"Wel-"

"What's going on in here?" Mr. Wright shouted, barging into the room suddenly. I pushed Alex back causing him to stumble and grab a desk for support.

"N-Nothing sir." Alex stuttered.

"God you're full of trouble aren't you Ivory? You runaway making poor Alexander and Mr. Farmers worried sick, and now you're forcing him to skip class? Such a disappointment." He smirked angrily.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered, lowering my head.

"Sir she didn't make me skip I brou-"

"To think you actually ran away, madness! Your poor sister imagine how she felt! You're a selfish child." He sighed, full of disappointment.

"Sir please you don-"

"Off to class, both of you." He ordered, pointing to the door. I walked out, my eyes lined with tears. I was a selfish child, I was in the wrong, I didn't deserve Alex.

"Ivory don't listen to him, the school is living off gossip, you can't get upset over this okay?" Alex said as he caught up with me. He placed his arm around my shoulders but I shrugged him off, walking back into Mr. Farmers room.

"All good?" He questioned.

I nodded without looking up and took my seat, out the corner of my eye I could see Alex making 'she's not okay' gestures at him.

"Class dismissed." Mr. Farmers said, the whole classed cheered and filed out leaving me, Alex and Mr. Farmers alone. Alex walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my middle, pulling me against his chest. I took a shaky breath and shook my head, trying to rid the tears from the eyes. 

"It's okay Ivory-Grace, let it out..." He whispered.

"I-I'm okay." I stuttered. 

"No you're not." He chuckled, kissed my forehead. 

"What happened?" Mr. Farmers questioned.

"Mr Wright and Ms. Barker made some comments about her, bitched her out about being a 'selfish child' and 'such a disappointment.'" Alex explained. I sighed and buried my head into Alex's chest, despite everything telling me not too. 

"They can't do that! Ivory don't listen to them, they're your Dad's friends they're just bitter you know that." He sighed, walking over and placing a hand on my shoulder. I squeezed my eyes shut and thought about it - if even teachers were convinced I had no future, what hope did I have?

"I'm going home." I said, pulling out of Alex's embrace. 

"I'll walk you." Alex said sternly. 

"Yeah because last time you came round it ended up great eh?" I snapped. 

"Ivory." Mr. Farmers scolded. 

"See you tomorrow."

~~

"Where the HELL have you been bitch?" Chelsea yelled as I walked through the door. 

"School." I mumbled. 

"So was I! But I managed to make it home on time!" She shouted.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered. 

"You're useless Ivy! No future, no nothing! Alex will get sick of you like Mom did, now go clean the freaking kitchen I have company tonight." She screamed before storming up the stairs. I walked the kitchen and dumped my bag down, wrapping my hand around my acorn charm. 

"Heard it all before."