May I stay?

IVORY

"Hi."  I blushed, standing up from the board. 

"You, uh- work here?" He asked, his eyebrows raised in confusion. 

"That she does, quite a talented little engineer our Ivory-G." Matt grinned, strolling in and throwing an arm round my shoulders. I rolled my eyes and shrugged him off, sighing when Taylor entered the room. Alex's eyes widened at the sight of him, Taylor was known by practically the entire town; whether it was from teenage girls gossiping about him or men discussing his amazing car-fixing skills, everyone had heard of Taylor Dignam. 

"So who's this then sweetie?" Taylor smiled, ruffling my hair. 

"This is Alex, y'know, Alex." I said, ducking my hair over my face. 

"Alex! Fancy you dropping by eh? Rumor has it you're rather nice." Taylor winked.

"Oh my god." I groaned. 

"And that you like to rest your arm over the back of chairs." Matt continued. 

"Stop, please." I sighed, hiding my face with my hands. 

"Oh, and run after pretty girls to invite them out again." Taylor smirked. 

"Okay let's go." I said, pushing past the guys and taking Alex's wrist, pulling him through to the office. 

"I'm so sorry about them I swear I nev-"

"It's okay." Alex laughed. "They're funny."

"Hmm." I said, unconvinced. "So why are you here?"

"To pick up my dad's car, under the name of 'Peter Gaskarth'." 

"Oh...sure! Could you give me like two minutes, I wasn't expecting him to pick it up until later."

"Sure, go ahead." He smiled, leaning against the doorway while I led back on the board and rolled under the car. 

"So Alex Gaskarth, may we ask some questions?" Taylor said. I groaned from under the car but continued on, ignoring the random pieces of conversation I could hear. 

"Do you have any urge to kiss her?" Matt suddenly blurted out. 

"MATT!" I yelled, reappearing. Alex had turned a pale shade of pink whereas my cheeks were flaming red.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Go, I'll settle this one." I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face. 

"Fine." He groaned, pulling Taylor along with him. 

"I'm sorry they're just protective but they shouldn't be because we're barely friends and I know you'd never li-"

"Ivory? Shh..." Alex interrupted, chuckling as he did. 

"Uh- sorry....so the car?" 

"Yeah, dad said he'd emailed about payments?"

"Let me check." I said, sitting behind the computer and checking the inbox. "No worries, she's all yours to take home."

"Awesome." Alex smiled, I threw him the key and followed him outside, he went to step inside but stopped suddenly. 

"Oh, and by the way, you got a little..." He trailed off, gently running his thumb over my cheek, holding my gaze. 

"T-Thanks." I blushed, he smiled and stepped in the car, bringing it to life before offering a small wave and driving out the shop. 

"Oooooooh!" Matt and Tay chorused, emerging from the other room. I flipped them off and walked to the office again, smiling like a fool. 

~

"Morning Ivory!" Alex smiled as he walked into homeroom. 

"Hi." I said, before returning my attention back to my book. I was rather embarrassed to say the least, after the happening with Taylor and Matt, and the incident before he left, I was scared to do anything today. In case I did something even worse. So I spent the whole of homeroom reading, as no one spoke to me when I read. When the bell went, I dashed off before Alex could even try and make conversation. 

After successfully avoiding him all day, lunch came around. I knew I was invited to go back with Alex, Jack and Rian, and I desperately wanted to, but for fear of further embarrassment, I didn't. I walked to Mr. Farmer's room and took my seat at the back by the window, without Mr Farmers even looking up. I got out a small fruit salad to pick at while I opened my book and continued to read. 

'Adventures, of course, as we shall see, were of daily occurrence; but about this time Peter invented, with Wendy's help, a new game that fascinated him enormously, until he suddenly had no more interest in it, which, as you have been told, was what always happened with his games. It consi-'

"Ivory?"

My head shot up to the sound of Alex's voice, I groaned internally but plastered on a smile as he walked to where I was, pulling up the chair opposite and settling in it. 

"What are you doing in here then eh?" He smiled. 

"I always come here." I mumbled. 

"I know that silly, I mean why aren't you with us in the cafeteria?"

"Oh...well, y'know, I didn't want to be a bother and I know it's awkward when that kid always just hangs out with you and you're like 'oh man just leave' so I though I'd save you the iss-"

"Ivory...shh." He laughed, I blushed and hid my face in my hands. A small chuckle from the front of the room made me blush more, confirming my suspicions of me being bright red. Alex took this moment and lent forward, gently wrapping his hands around my wrists and pulling my hands away. He didn't say anything, just gave a small, shy smile, to which I returned. 

"So, may I stay?"