Not So Fast...

IVORY

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE, MY GORGEOUS GIR-"

"Alex shut up!" I hissed. 

We were walking into the cafeteria, Alex had his arm wrapped around my waist in an overly obviously fashion and a proud smirk hadn't left his lips since he'd picked me up from Mike's this morning. 

"OH MY GOD IT'S TRUE ISN'T IT? IVLEX IS TRUE!" Jack shouted from our usual table. All heads turned our way and I sighed, turning around in Alex's arms and heading for the door again. 

"Not so fast..." Alex laughed, grabbing my waist and steering me to our table, my head bowed in embarrassment. 

"I hate you, I actually hate you." I grumbled. 

"No you don't..." He chuckled, arriving at our table. 

"OH MY GOD PLEA-"

"Jack for God's sake shut up! The whole world doesn't need to know okay?" I sighed.

Jack just smirked and sat there with his arms crossed. Rian smiled at me to which I returned happily while Alex pulled out my chair and forced me on it, him sliding in the chair next me and slipping his arm across my shoulders. 

"Pretty necklace Ivory." Rian grinned. 

"Thanks..." I mumbled, becoming more and more aware of the stares coming from the middle table. 

"You okay?" Alex whispered, his lips ghosting my ear. 

"Uh-huh..." I said warily. 

"Ivory." He stated, kissing the corner of my lips so I would look at him. 

"Middle table are staring." I said sadly, worry laced through my voice. 

"Let's give em' something to see eh?" He winked before crushing his lips on mine. Jack squealed in his chair while a few wolf whistles were heard from around the room. I frowned and pulled away, my cheeks flushed and palms sweaty. 

"I have to go." I said sadly, unable to face the whispers any longer. I stood up and hurried outside, annoyed at Alex for kissing me in front of everyone, annoyed at Alex for shouting and drawing attention to us when we walked in, annoyed at Alex for being overly obvious, but most of all annoyed at Alex for being so God Damn adorable meaning I'd forgive him in an instant. 

"Yo! Ivory?" I stopped at the sound of my name, turning round to see James running to catch up with me. 

"James?"

"Hey! Are you okay? You looked like you were about to cry back there." He said sympathetically. 

"I'm okay, just-- not used to the attention I guess.."

"I figured." He laughed, swinging his arm around my shoulders. 

"How's Chelsea? Did you make up or...?"

"No, she still waits for me in the morning, she still asks me to come round everyday, and still tells me how much she misses having a boyfriend everyday." 

"Ouch, I'm sorry." I sighed.

"It's okay Ives, I'll let you get on now, I'll see you at the shop when I pick my car up eh?" 

"That you will." I smiled.

He pulled me into a hug and held me there for a while, it was like old times. After Mom passed, he, Chelsea and myself would just sit and watch movies together to try and clear our head. Chelsea would get bored and go upstairs, and James would just hug me until I stopped crying, then when it was time for him to leave, he'd just hug me for ages, like he was trying to make up for the hugs I wouldn't get from the person I wanted them from the most. I didn't like James anymore than a close friend, I never had, I saw him as a brother and he saw me as a sister. He'd helped through my lowest points, and for that, I could never thank him enough.