Go Exploring.

ALEX

"You know what we should do?"

"What?" She giggled, leaning into me.

"Go exploring."I shrugged, pulling her onto my lap.

"Sure." She smiled, resting her head in the crook of my neck. 

"Really?" I said, shocked.

She looked up and frowned at me, causing me to lean forward and press a kiss to her forehead. I circled my arms around her and lent us back against my bed, ignoring the film on TV. 

"Will your Mom mind?" Ivory questioned.

"Stop worrying angel." I chuckled.

She smiled and nuzzled her face in my chest, peppering random kisses over my heart. We remained in silence for a while, Ivory's eyes fluttering closed as the film played out.

"Come on, let's go." I smiled, moving my hands to her waist and lifting her from my lap.

"What? Now?" She questioned, shuffling up and stretching.

"Come on, I know where to go." I grinned, bending down and allowing her to jump on my back.

"Not really exploring then it is?" She teased, kissing the back of my head. 

"You're a pain Miss Brown." I laughed, stumbling down the stairs with her on my back.

She giggled and clung onto me, latching her arms around my neck and her legs wrapped tightly around my waist. I walked with her along the path between the houses, until we reached the greenery I had grown up playing football on. We continued across the green until we reached a large tree, similar to Hazel's willow Ivory loved so much. 

"We're here!" I smiled, wrapping my arms around her from behind.

"It's like Hazel's." She mumbled, leaning into me. 

"I thought you'd like it." I said into her hair, pressing my lips against her neck.

"You grew up here then?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I reminisced. 

"Do you miss England at all?"

"Yeah, but not so much anymore." I smiled, sitting down and pulling her onto my lap.

"Anymore?" She asked, twisting her head to see me. 

"Since I got you, it's not too bad anymore." I explained.

Ivory blushed and buried her face into my chest, I chuckled and pulled her closer, peppering kisses all over her head.

"Alex, what are we gonna do when we go home?" She asked quietly.

"I...I don't know angel." I sighed.

"I don't like it when you're mad." She whispered, breaking my heart with each word.

"I know baby I know." I said, pecking her lips slowly.

"I hate that I'm cause of you and Jack fighting, it's my fault." She said, her voice cracking.

"No Ivory-Grace, it's his fault, you can't help it if you're beautiful and too damn nice." I offered, noticing how her lips turned upwards. 

"Shut up." She mumbled, pressing herself against me. 

"Come on, I have an idea." I grinned, picking her up bridal style.

I walked us along the path, eventually placing Ivory down after her complaints of her being too heavy - which she wasn't - quite the opposite. The sun was setting now, leaving us with an orange glow around the tree's. We arrived at a wall of bushes, thorns pricking out from the overgrown greenery. Ivory winced as I pushed some of it back, revealing a small gravel path I was so familiar with.

"Come on angel." I chuckled, jumping through the gap.

"A-Alex..." She stuttered, stepping back.

I sighed and leaned through, lacing my fingers with her's and tugging her through, causing her to fall into my chest.

"Okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She chuckled, pecking my lips and tucking herself under my arm.

We continued down the path until the sound of running water filled our ears. Ivory gasped at the river that ran alongside the grass. The whole path was completely isolated, one reason why I spent so much time here as a child. 

"It's beautiful." She smiled, detaching herself from me and wandering to the edge.

I stayed back and admired her for a second, watching how the setting sun reflected off her hair making the orange tones in it become brighter, how the wind made her unruly locks flow naturally away from her face, how for once in her life, she didn't look pale. 

My admiration was cut short as she sat down at the edge, before I could stop her the bank began to break as it used too.

"IVORY!"

A scream echoed through the forest as she collapsed in the running water. I ran to the edge, pulling my shirt off without a thought and jumping in after her. Her little body resurfaced suddenly, before she fell back under, the current dragging her fragile body around. I dived towards her, eventually going underwater to wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to the surface. She coughed and spluttered in my arms, her breathing irregular and forced.

"It's okay, I got you, I got you." I whispered to her, kicking my legs gently to keep us afloat. 

"C-Can't...Breathe." She struggled, holding me in a death grip as I pushed us to the edge.

I jumped up with one hand while Ivory held the other, before reaching down and pulling her up into me. She was shivering and her breathing wasn't right, sending me to panic mode. I grabbed the ends of her soaking t-shirt and tugged it over her head, before grabbing my t-shirt and using it as a towel for her. Despite the fact we were both dripping wet I sat down and pulled her into my lap, lacing my fingers with her's and kissing the back of her hands.

"Calm down baby it's okay." I soothed, kissing her forehead.

"I-I...can't."

"Follow me okay?" I instructed, taking a deep breath while holding her cheek to keep our eyes locks.

Gradually she calmed down, her breathing calming and her heart rate dropping. I cuddled her closely, trying to give her whatever body heat I had left. 

"You see that tree over there." I said, pointing to the tree with the giant roots.

"Yeah?" 

"I had my first kiss there." I chuckled.

"Against a t-tree?" She smiled.

"Well, we were perched on the roots." I shrugged, my lips turning up in a smile.

"That's so sweet." She giggled, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Your lips are cold," I frowned, taking her chin between my fingers, "I know what to do!"

I closed my lips over her's, keeping her chin in place with my hands. Our lips moved slowly, my other hand reaching around her back to keep her close. Eventually she broke away, her need for oxygen overpowering my need to kiss her. 

"T-Thanks for s-saving me." She smiled slightly, still shivering.

"Told you I'd be your Saving Grace."

A/N:

Thanks to Megan and Byfield for the help with some idea's, you guys are heroes.<3