Hazel's Hill.

IVORY

"A-Alex?" I said, shock apparent in my voice. 

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to see but I couldn't let you leave like that." He said frantically, running his hand through his hair multiple times. 

"I'll leave you be..." Taylor whispered, standing up - bringing me with him - then exiting the room. 

"Look, I'm so sorry Ivory-Grace, I was wrong to push you and call you the name you don't like being called and keep asking and asking for something you obviously didn't want to tell I was just intrigued because y-"

"Alex...shh." I said, offering a weak smile. 

"Can we talk? I'll take you out or something?" He said, the nervousness never leaving his eyes. 

"I don't know, I-I think I'd rather stay here and wor-"

"Please Ivory-Grace, I can't leave knowing you're not okay."

"You barely know me."

"Let's change that."

I couldn't respond to a statement like that, I didn't want to go, but I did in a way. I knew if I went I would probably tell him things I would later regret, but if I didn't I would probably lose the only friend I've ever made my own age. 

"Ivory-G? We're gonna head home now." Matt smirked from the office doorway, a huge smile erupted on Alex's face while I glared at Matt. 

"Look's like you're free then?" Alex smiled. I sighed and wiped my eyes once more before joining Alex. We walked out the shop and began the route to the nearby park. We walked in silence, hands dangling by our sides. The minute our skin came into contact I placed my hand in my pocket, to avoid the obvious gesture of him holding my hand. He chuckled a little, walking a little ahead before turning to look at me whilst walking backwards. 

"So Ivory-Grace, where are we going?"

"I thought you were taking me out?"

"Ahh but you walked this way, so where do you want to go?"

"Follow me." 

We walked for a good 10 minutes longer before reaching a black gate, I pushed it open and allowed Alex through before closing it. In-front of us stood a hill, a hill named 'Hazel's Hill'. It was steep, and hard work to walk up it, but when you did it was amazing. 

"Wow." Alex gasped, the minute we reached the top. The sky was a clear blue, and you could see majority of Baltimore from the top. The over-sized willow tree offered a good amount of shade and privacy, and it added to the beauty of the whole place. 

"Pretty amazing right?"

"Very."

I walked on a little and sat in-front of the tree, leaning back against it. Alex soon followed and sat next to me, overly close may I add. 

"So then Ivory-Grace, why here?"

"Do you have a special toy, or bear or something you've had since childhood that you know you're too old for but can't bring yourself to let it go?" I said, completely off topic. 

"...yeah? I've had this cuddly bear since I was born, it lives on my bed even now."

"That's what the book means to me." 

Alex was silent for a moment, before he casually draped his arm over my shoulder. Instead of protesting as usual, I merely lent back into the tree more, as did Alex. 

"Let's play quickfire." He stated. 

"Why?"

"So I can change that." He smirked, I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway. 

"Favourite fruit?" He began.

"Oranges."

"Favourite colour?"

"White."

"Blonde's or brunettes?"

"Gingers or other."

Alex stopped for a moment and smiled at me, gently pulling me closer to him. Once again, I didn't protest, despite everything telling me to, I didn't. 

"Second favourite book?"

"The Fault in Our Stars or The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"No." 

Alex paused again, shifting round to face me slightly. 

"Why?" 

"'Love at first sight' is purely attraction to someone, sure, they may be pretty. But to love someone, to be 'in love' with someone you need to understand them right? They may be the prettiest person you've ever seen, but say the minute you talk to them they're rude to you, and you discover they're a horrible person, the beauty will fade."

"So you mean, they won't be beautiful unless you understand them and are 'in love' with them?"

"I guess..."

"Well I think you're beautiful, Ivory-Grace."

I blushed and looked away, only returning my gaze when his arm dropped from my shoulder. He moved his hands in a motion to take mine but I moved them swiftly, causing him to chuckle again. 

"Why won't you let me hold your hand?"

"I-I don't do hand-holding." I stated. 

"Why not? I think it's a beautiful gesture, one that shows a trusting, developing relationship."

"Well that's awesome for you!" I snapped, turning away from him completely and bringing my knee's up to my chest. 

"Ivory..." Alex sighed, he lent forward and placed his chin on my shoulder, swiftly kissing my cheek in the process. I frowned, and stood up, walking away from him. 

"No! Ivory-Grace please, don't walk away from me."

"Why Alex? Why should I not walk away? If it's perfectly okay for everyone else to walk away from me, then why can't I walk away when I want to?" I panted, wiping away the stray tear from my cheek. 

"Ivory..."

"NO! Answer me! If everyone else can walk away why can't I?" I screamed, trying to wipe away the now endless flow of tears. Alex didn't answer me, but he ran at me, engulfing me a hug so tight breathing became a challenge. I was sobbing, for the second time that day, but this time I wasn't running, I was safe. 

"I think you're beautiful Ivory-Grace..."