Stop.

IVORY

"STOP!" I cried, shoving Jack away.

"Oh Ivory..." He sighed, reaching out to me.

"NO!" I shouted, stumbling away.

The door flew open revealing a worried looking Alex, his eyes flickered to my crying state and Jack's smug expression before turning dark. He stayed stationary, his eyes frantic as he watched.

"You kissed her." He spat.

"No, I didn't." Jack said coolly.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" Alex yelled, causing me to flinch.

"I'm not lying!" Jack retaliated.

My cries turned to sobs at the look on Alex's face, he looked heartbroken, angry, torn. I wanted to comfort him, reassure him I didn't want Jack, he was my only one, but the angry expression he wore frightened me. I couldn't bring myself to move. 

"I trusted you! YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND! You know how much I love her and yet you have the nerve to try something!" He shouted, throwing his arms around. 

"She deserves better." He said simply.

"N-No." I sobbed, stepping forward. 

Alex looked at me emotionless, while Jack's face held a smirk. I approached Alex slowly, waiting for his rejection, when I reached for his hand he stepped away as expected, causing another round of sobs to crash over me. 

"I d-don't deserve A-Alex if anything, d-don't say t-that." I stuttered between cries. 

"Your blinded by him Ives, I could give you everything you need and more without the suffocation." He said proudly.

"I-I don't want that." I sobbed, turning to Alex. "Only y-you."

The basement door flew open again revealing Rian and Zack, they took in the scene in front of them before Rian turned to Jack.

"You didn't."

"I couldn't resist." Jack sighed, staring at me.

"You asshole!" Zack exclaimed. 

Rian's eyes softened at the sight of me, he looked to Alex who looked torn, before stepping forward and squeezing my hand. 

"I can't do this." Alex said suddenly.

"W-What?" I cried.

"I'm done." He spat, glaring at me before heading for the door.

"No!" I shouted, stumbling over to him.

"What Ivory? I told you! I told you he liked you and look what happened! You guys kissed, he held you and I just-- I can't--" 

"P-Please Lex." I begged. 

He shook his head and walked to door once more. I launched myself towards him and desperately tugged his hand back, causing him to look at me. My eyes were bloodshot and the tears rolling down my cheeks made me feel weaker.

I was about to lose him.

"Alex d-don't please, I-I need you." I sobbed, tugging on his hand. 

"I'm sure he'll do." He said, his voice cracking. 

"She didn't kiss me Alex." Jack interrupted.

"SHUT UP!" Alex yelled, causing me to let go of his hand in fright. 

"She didn't. She pushed me away and immediately started crying. Don't put this on her." Jack explained. 

"I'm done." He said simply, holding my gaze for a few moments before storming up the stairs. 

I ran after him, tripping up the stairs as he came into touching distance. Rian and Zack were shouted at Jack to explain himself downstairs while my hand reached out and grabbed the back of Alex's shirt. 

"Wait!" I cried. 

"Ivory you have no idea how hard this is. All my worst fears have literally come true in a matter of seconds and I don't know what to do." He growled, spinning round to face me.

"Let me explain." I pleaded.

I took his silence as a yes and explained every detail from the moment he stormed out. Alex listened intently, subconsciously moving closer to me until my back was against the wall. 

"I'm sorry I didn't listen, I know your angry but--"

"I'm not angry Ivory, I'm...I'm hurt." He sighed, his breath polishing my face.

"I didn't know, I never thought he would try something Lex." I said quietly, wanting nothing more than to tangle my fingers with his.

"I need time." 

"But--"

"I can't get the image out of my head, all I see is you two together and it's tearing me apart Ivory." He said angrily, tugging his hair at the roots.

"I'm so sorry." I said, the tears starting up again. 

Alex's eyes softened at the sight of me, he reached up and caught one of my tears with the pad of his thumb. I gasped as he leaned forward, his lips brushing mine as stared at me. I wanted to kiss him, to physically transfer the hurt he was feeling to me, I hated seeing him this heartbroken. He pressed his lips fully to mine before swiftly stepping away from me, tears pooling in his eyes. 

"I-I can't--" He shrugged sadly, turning away and walking to the front door. 

I remained frozen, watching him as walked away from me. I couldn't believe I was losing him, the best thing that had ever happened to me. The tears continued to stream down my face as he stopped at the door and looked at me, I reached up and wrapped my shaking hand around my acorn, praying he would do the same, but as expected, he shook his head and stepped away, closing the door behind him. 

My knee's buckled and fell to ground sobbing, Rian appeared next to me and pulled me into his arms, whispering it was going to be okay, but I could barely breathe let along talk. As Jack appeared my cries increased until I literally couldn't breathe. 

"Ring Taylor." Rian said. 

Zack nodded and walked into while Jack stared at me, his eyes watering. 

"I'd say I'm sorry, but I stand by what I said Ives." He sighed.

I couldn't respond, I couldn't breathe, I needed him. Rian's comfort wasn't enough, I knew the only person who could calm me down wanted nothing to do with me anymore, I had ruined it. And somehow I believed,

It was all my fault.