Pizza Time!

I woke up with no Naomi beside me. She was in the dojo, twirling her staff with Sensei watching her. They were talking in low whispers until I walked in then they paused. Naomi made her staff parallel to her arm, the blade retracting inside.

Sensei got up and bowed to me, “Good afternoon, Mikito.”

“Afternoon, Sensei.” I bowed back respectfully.

She walked past me and Naomi watched after her. I came up to Naomi, “What were you two talking about?”

Naomi hesitated a second before saying, “My fighting stance. I needed to work on it.”

“Why?”

“Someone might come behind me and trip me, you know? Why ask?”

“I don’t know. Because you stopped when I walked in.”

Looking at me, Naomi twirled her staff, making me back away, and then the staff in it’s pocket. “Come on. We should tell the Turtles we’re no longer grounded.”

That took my mind off whatever they were talking about. “Sure!” I smiled.

I went back to Naomi’s room, got my swords and headed out with her. Sensei watched us leave. Naomi and I went to the roofs as we closed the lid.

Naomi nudges me as we hop up. I look and the four Turtles are coming over. Mikey waves and I wave back, blushing.

Leo leads the group like always. “You girls grounded anymore?” he asked.

“Nope.” Naomi shook her head. “We’re as free as you four.”

“Yay!” Mikey cheers.

“So what are you four up to?” Naomi asked.

“Well, we were going to check if you two were done with the whole being grounded--” Raph said.

“--Then we were going to get pizza!” Mikey finishes.

I look at Naomi and Naomi glances at me sideways, shrugging.

Donnie gets the point, “Have you guys even tried pizza?”

“Nope.” Naomi and I both say together.

“Sorry.” Naomi said, crossing her arms. “We’ve been eating ice cream every time we’ve been up. Then Sensei would always bring us either ramen or burgers from someplace when we were growing up below the surface. I don’t remember eating pizza.”

The four guys drop their jaws, except Raph who had his arms crossed who just made them go limp with a startled expression.

Mikey came up to me, grabbed my arm and looked at me with wide, bug, begging eyes. “Then you gotta try some!”

“Okay, but why?” I asked.

“It made my mind explode!” Mikey announced.

Raph smirked and Naomi looked over at him as he said, “Must have been a small explosion then.”

“Hey!” Mikey looked at him.

Everyone else but me and Mikey laughed. Raph chuckled and followed Leo as he jumped away. We jump from roof to roof, Naomi and I occasionally asking questions about what we missed the days we were gone because we didn’t have time to ask during the fight.

We figured out that the bad guy Mikey was “friends” with, his name was Chris Bradford, they don’t know the name of the group of the ninjas dressed like black bugs, and then the Cada Mikey used on Chris was called the Death Dragon.

I should try and use that against Naomi some time. I chuckled at the thought and I think Naomi read my mind again because she looked at me, shook her head, and said, “Try it and you’ll die.”

Then we pause on a roof. Donnie and Naomi are exchanging moves which is bad for me if she decides to fight me anytime soon. Leo’s looking down at the ground and I’m wondering if I should ask him to show me some of his moves. Raph is observing Naomi and Mikey is sitting by me.

“Guys!” someone calls out. Leo smiles and jumps down. Mikey nudges me and we jump down together. Naomi, Raph, and Donnie come down after.

A teenage girl with ginger hair and blue eyes is standing there with six pizza boxes. “There you guys are! Who are they?” she uses her head to point at me and Naomi.

“April.” Donnie said, “This is Naomi,” gestures to Naomi. “And Mikito.” gestures to me. I flinch a little just in case I might explode or something. Donnie dismisses it. “And Mikito, Naomi, this is April O’Neil.”

“Oh, so this is who Mikey always talks about when I deliver their pizza.” April smiled. “Nice to meet you. I would shake you hand, but my hands are crowded with pizza.”

I blush a little and look at Mikey. He’s rubbing the back of his head and smiling a little innocently.

“Anyway, you guys. I got the two extra pizza. I take it it’s for Mikito and Naomi?” April guesses.

“Yep.” Mikey smiles. He looks at me. “Get ready for your mind to explode.”

“Hopefully it’ll be bigger than Mikey’s.” Naomi smirked.

“Hey!”