Turtles

Next morning, I waken to Naomi in the dojo, practicing. Now she’s getting up early. And Sensei was probably right about her changing, but whatever it is, it’s not normal…

I get up and head out, stretching.

“Morning, Mikito!” Naomi says right beside me.

“Yah!!!!” I yell, jumping back. “Naomi! Don’t do that!”

“What? I was just saying good morning…”

“You were training!”

“Yeah… What of it?”

“How’d you appear here so quickly?” I asked.

She shrugged and headed to Sensei. “We’re heading back out!”

“Be careful!” she called back.

“Will do!” we both answered, looked at each other and headed up to the surface.

We come out and the first thing Naomi does after closing the sewer top was say, “I want ice cream…”

“Oh, so you turn to your normal self when Sensei’s not around?” I asked.

“What? No. I just want ice cream…” she jumped to the nearest roof. I followed quickly.

She was actually waiting for me before taking off again, not even asking for a race. We both jumped over roofs and houses, but we couldn’t hear the ice cream truck again. Instead, we hear another vehicle.

Naomi’s curiosity habit was still with her, even if every other one was gone. She ran to see the source. While we were chasing it, we see four shapes on a building a few houses down.

“See that?” I asked Naomi, coming up to her.

“Of course.” she said. “I’m not exactly blind.”

“I knew that…” I muttered. “Just making sure in case they’re someone we don’t want to meet.”

“Relax.”

We jumped on the building the four shapes were on. The van was coming this way anyway, so it worked out fine. They were arguing over something.

“Give it up already!” the one with the red headband said. “The guy’s not going to show!”

“We have to be patient.” the one with the blue headband sighed.

“No. You have to come up with a better plan. Because the four of us standing here with our thumbs up our noses--”

The one with the orange one sitting had his thumbs in the air, looking like he was going to experiment what the red head banded one said. “I don’t think they fit.”

“--Is pointless.” he finished.

“You sure about that, Raph?” the blue one smirked.

“He just showed up, didn’t he?” he said unhappily. “Should’ve complained two hours ago…”

I looked at Naomi, “They’ve been here two hours?” She looked at me shocked as I felt four pairs of eyes turn to us. “Oops…”

“Hey, look!” the orange headband one said happily, pointing at us. “Other turtles!”

Naomi growled, grabbed something from her belt and threw something between us. Instantly, smoke rose from the object she threw and ran off, grabbing my wrist and dragging me with her.

“Hey, hey, hey!” I cried, trying to get my footing. “What was that for?”

“Maybe my curiosity got the better of me for once.” she muttered to herself.