Both Lairs

As we started off, I turned to Naomi, “We’re grounded! Do you think we should head back?”

Naomi growled and kicked at a wooden strip and quickly regretted it by the look on her face. Ouch. That had to hurt. “Yeah…” she managed out.

“Sorry, guys.” I said, waving to them, “but we gotta go.”

Raph nudged Leo and Leo looked at him questioning before going, “Oh.” he turned to us. “Do you mind if we know where your girl’s lair is so we know in case of an emergency?”

“Sure.” Naomi said.

I looked at her. She answered so quickly. Not even with hesitation.

“But you can’t come in. We’d get in trouble.”

“That’s fine.” Leo said.

Then we all headed to our sewer cap. Naomi hopped in, followed by me, then Leo, Mikey, Raph, Donnie. They looked around.

As I was about to point, Naomi grabbed my hand and shook her head. Then she pointed instead and I got it quickly. “Our lair is over there and to the left. You’ll have to go in a pool, though, but I’m sure you’re used to that.”

“Of course.” Donnie said.

“Now.” Naomi said, “we need to go.”

“Bye, guys.” I waved as they jumped back up.

Donnie closed the cap.

I heard them as they were leaving. Naomi was going on without me.

“Dude, Raph, did you really have to call out Naomi’s name like that?” Mikey asked.

“It was a reaction!” Raph said in a quick response.

“So now we have two of us in love?” Leo asked.

“No! Shut up!”

“Who knows?” Donnie muttered. “We might have three.”

Then it was silent.

“Let’s just go…” Raph growled, heading off.

I laughed and went after Naomi, wondering what Donnie meant by three.