Poor Donnie (Donnie POV)

Well, it was good that April came over with the pizza when she did or else I would be overwhelmed with the air of anger and fear. Naomi and Splinter are the only two I’ve really known Raph to be morally scared of.

As I gave Naomi the staff, I wondered if I should really give it to her with the whole idea of her being a spy when she disappeared was really beginning to get me. Mikito said she’s been sneaking off without much warning, then she said that Naomi and Mii-wa were talking about things without her. It can only boggle my mind.

I went back to my area to work on the music player that I found parts for tonight. Even though I was getting tired, I wanted to show everyone this by at least tomorrow. It had a A.I. Microchip made from self-assembled chain-linked copolymers. I think they might find it entertaining.

I heard a knock and I muttered, “Come in.”

Someone came in and I put down my tools and turned to whoever came in. Raph. Huh. Does he really want my opinion on something?

“Raph?” I asked. “What do you want?”

He sighed, like he really didn’t want to talk about this. “N--Naomi…” I looked at him up and down. He was rubbing the back of his head and a look of worry, a look I usually don’t usually catch him looking like.

“What about Naomi? That she kicked your shell three times?” I chuckle.

“No!” he growled, clenching his fists. He relaxed them again and muttered, “I like Naomi.”

I could’ve figure this out on my own eventually. He’s been looking at her, talking with her, and even bothering her staff. Then there was that one time tonight that I thought he was trying to hold hands with her…

“So what do you want me to do about that?” I questioned.

He looked at me with his green eyes. “Could you help me out?”

“But why me?”

“You like April.”

“And as you can see, I’m not doing very well with her.” I crossed my arms. “If you need information on Naomi, I think the Turtle you should be seeking is Mikito. She’s lived with her forever.”

Raph looked thoughtful like he hadn’t thought about that. He then looks at me. “Don’t tell her I like her.”

“Oh, sure, like I’m someone who’d tell secrets.” I muttered, turning around to go back to the music player.

Raph left, but then someone else knocked at my door. I put down my tools and opened it. Naomi rushed in.

“Hello, Donnie.” she huffed, looking out the door before closing it quickly.

“Naomi.” I said, surprised. “What’d you do to get in here? Run at the speed of light?”

“No.” Naomi snapped. Just like Raph. “I ran from… Uh… A different sewer tunnel.”

There’s that spy-like talk. She must be a spy.

She looked at me. “Oh, my gosh. Would people stop thinking I’m a spy, already? I’m just doing a favor for Sensei.”

My eyes widened. She’s a mind reader…

“And I’m not a mind reader!”

Liar! I cleared my throat. “So what do you want?”

She looked a little hesitant. She even rocked back and forth on her heels. “Some information about Raph…”

“Why?” I drug out the word.

“I like him…” she looked at the ceiling.

I paused. So they both like each other, but they are completely oblivious to the other liking them. Irony. Heh. I wonder if April likes me… Probably not… Most likely not…

“So what do you want to know?” I asked.

“Anything. Something. Other than he doesn’t like loosing. That’s kinda obvious.” she laughed.

“Well, he doesn’t like to see Mikey hurt by anyone other than him.” I said.

“Really?”

“Yeah. So it’s like he has a soft spot for him even though he doesn’t show it. Even though he teases Mikey any chance he gets, he actually does care for Mikey and all of us.” I smiled.

Naomi looked thoughtful, then she nodded. “Thanks, Donnie.” then she left.

When she left I breathed out. “Mind reader…”

She popped her head in. “I’m not a mind reader.” then left for good.

I looked at my door with a worried look. This night is just getting worse and worse. That or better and better. Can’t tell.

Just as I was about to turn back to the music player, someone knocked on my door again. I groaned and turned to my door as it opened. This time it was Mikito. She’s probably going to ask about Mikey.

“Can I know some things about Mikey?” she begged, her brown eyes wide with the pink bandana.

Now it feels like I’m the mind reader…

“He’s a goofball. Anything else?” I sighed.

“Like his likes and dislikes.” Mikito replied.

“He likes pizza, skateboarding, music, and annoying Raphael.”

My door knocked and Mikey came in with a skateboard with a wheel off of it. “Donnie! My skateboard broke!”

“Thanks, Donnie.” Mikito smiled and then past Mikey.

Mikey watched her leave. “Why was she here?”

I took the skateboard. “Just to ask about the new thing I’m working on.” I lied.

“What is it?” Mikey peeked over my shoulder.

I pushed Mikey out the door and put my back against it. “Jeez, let me think for at least a day…”

So it seems like we have some love going on between some Turtles. I smirked and continued on my invention.