One Idea

A few minutes after Raph and Naomi left, Donnie, Leo, Mikey and I were watching the water where they swam off from. We were all wondering if Raph could survive Naomi.

“Did we seriously just let him go?” Leo asked. “By himself?”

Donnie nodded. “Yep.”

“Do you think it was a good idea?”

“Nope.”

“It will seriously come back and kick us in the shell later.” I nodded.

“How do you know?” Mikey asked, the reaction to the ice cream completely forgotten, then he gasped and pointed at me which I flinched form, “You’re not Naomi searching through the future are you?”

(Naomi just said, “I’m not going to answer that…” so she was actually answering two people if you wanna think she is a mind reader.)

“No.” I snapped. “Do I look like Naomi who twirls a staff around and chases Raph around?”

Mikey looked at me up and down. “No.”

“Okay then, so why ask?”

“Just wanted to.” he smiled.

We all watched the pool for a few more minutes before, finally nearly ten minutes later, Raph crawled out of the pool, blushing like crazy.

“Raph?” Leo asked. “What’s with the expression?”

He glared at him, “What expression?”

Leo blinked, twirled on his heel and walked away slowly. Mikey and Donnie followed him without a sound.

“Where’s Naomi?” I asked. “And what happened?”

“Nothing.” he snapped at me, walking off to the dojo.

“Then where’s Naomi?” I repeated.

“Elsewhere.” he sighed. “I, uh, lost her.” I can tell he was lying, but something happened that apparently he didn’t want to talk about. He walked in the doorway of the dojo, stopped, turned around and walked in his room.

I looked at the pool, wondering if Naomi would come out of it.

“She won’t be back for a while.” Raph said as he walked out of his room with Spike. “I could tell.”

I furrowed my bandana and went to find Donnie. What were the odds he was at his station, thinking of what to make next.

“Donnie.” I said. “I need you to make a tracker device with a recording program on it.”

He looked at me. “Let me guess: Naomi?”

“Yeah.”

“Like I’m not going to say no.” Donnie said, looking around for what he had. “It’ll need to be small enough for her to not notice it on her shell--”

“She’ll find out because she’s a mind reader.” I interrupted.

Donnie looked at me, thought then reworded it, “It’ll have to be something else so we can trick her into holding it.”

“Hopefully she doesn’t read our minds then either.”

“No kidding…” Donnie muttered. He raised a finger. “I think I can cloak the tracker into a pace maker.”

“Pace maker…” I repeated, thinking about what that was.

He sighed, “You know, a pace maker. Those things that if you put on your ankle or wrist and it’ll keep track of how much you walk.”

I blinked.

“Please don’t tell me you’re exactly like Mikey.”

“No.” I said quickly. “I just wanted to act like him for once.”

“That’s comforting.” Donnie slapped his hand to his forehead. “Anyway, Mikito, I’ll have the tracker by the end of this week.”

“Thanks, Donnie.” I turned to leave, waving to him and looked at Raph on the ground in front of the TV with Spike. His expression was new and unfamiliar. Something happened and I was bound to find out.