Another Argument

I come in the lair and I see Naomi fighting in the dojo. I can tell she’s mad… Getting out of the water, I come in the dojo. She didn’t pay me any heed and she continued to practice jabbing out and slashing out.

“So.” I cleared my throat. “Raph called your name in the middle of the battle.”

Naomi suddenly stopped in the middle of a thrust. She looked at me and glared softly at me. “And? What about it?”

“Is something going on between you two?” I asked.

“No.” Naomi snapped sternly. “Why? Is anything going on between you and Mikey?”

“No.” I replied quickly.

Naomi stood straight and put her staff in the same alignment with her arm, holding it skillfully. “So don’t assume that something’s going on with me.”

I took out my swords. “I see you’re a little flustered. Want to cool off?”

Naomi got in a fighting stance with her staff at the ready. For once she might not fight with the blade. I lunged at her. She rolled away and slashed out at my feet. I jumped up and slashed down with my sword in a reply. With a quick flick of her wrist, she deflected my sword and then rolled away.

She jumped up and twirled her staff. I connected my swords at the handle. Now they were one. The only place I could touch was the middle where the handles were at because everywhere else was blade.

Naomi grinned evilly. Ooo… She’s creepy when she does that. “Now you’re being serious.”

“I’m always serious.” I replied.

“Unless it comes to Mikey or the Turtles.” she teased.

I got mad and lunged at her, spinning the two swords. She blocked the attack and then brought out her blade which was inches from my face. I disconnected the blades and slashed out at Naomi’s feet.

With her reflexes, she did a front flip over me, twirling her staff and I had to duck. When Naomi landed, she tripped me and I toppled over. She kicked my swords away with a one swift movement then put her knees on my hands so I couldn’t get up and then sat on me with the staff choking me.

“Stop!” Sensei called out.

Naomi looked up, loosening her grip on the staff a little so I could breathe. I took a nice gulp of air and then looked at Sensei as well.

“Very good, Naomi.” Sensei observed. “Mikito, you should know Naomi’s moves so you should be able to detect them more accurately now.”

“Sorry, Sensei.” I muttered.

“Now let her up, Naomi.”

Growling, Naomi got up, jumping away from me. She let the blade retract in her staff then twirled it and stuffed it in the slot on her back. I coughed and grabbed for my swords, sheathed them, then got up.

“I know you two are anxious for not being able to go up to the surface, but that does not mean you take it out on each other.” Sensei said sternly.

Naomi blinked.

“Now, you two go to bed because we’ll be doing practice tomorrow.”

“Aye, Sensei.” Naomi and I bowed.