Anonymous Helpers

“That’s a nice question, Mikito.” Naomi sighed. “Let’s ask stubborn boys if they want help.”

“What? It seems like they need help now.” I muttered.

I felt a pair of eyes land on us and looked down. Nobody was watching us because they were to busy fighting the giant weed. But what was watching us then? The one hanging from the helicopter? No…

“Alright. Fine.” Naomi sighed, slapping her hand to her forehead. “Let’s help.”

“Yes!” I whispered happily, jumping down, unsheathing both swords at the same time. “Time to cut down the grass!”

“Really?” Naomi asked beside me, landing on the ground nicely and taking her staff out, twirling it around before running at the weed as a few robots bust through the door from the lab. “And great… Mikito, take the robots.”

“Alright.” I said, rolling behind two turtles. The blue headband one and the orange headband one.

As we started dodging purple bullets, I heard Naomi and Raph take on the giant weed. Once, we all rolled out of the way because the robots all shot as one and when we rolled, they shot the weed. But then, he knocked the robots out of the way while we all stood up before being knocked back down by his giant “arm”.

“What’s the plan again, chief?” I heard one of them ask.

“I’m working on it.” I heard another reply.

Naomi got up and I heard a different one exclaim, “Hey, look! The two turtles from before!”

We snapped our heads to the one who said that. It was the orange headband one. He had a silly smile on his face.

“Mikey!” the other two shouted. Then one screamed, “Ah!”

We stared as the blue headband was caught and dragged upward upside down by the weed’s “arm”. He looked around, looking for an answer to escape.

“The power conduits!” he said suddenly.

Me and Naomi looked at each other and shrugged.

“Are we really going to start talking about that again?” Raph asked.

“Guys, do you see the turtles?” Mikey asked.

“Now now!” the two shouted together.

“Raph! Mikey!” Then the one hanging put his sword in his mouth skillfully. I couldn’t do that without hurting myself… Then he started making hand gestures.

The two turtles looked and nodded and ran to the weed.

“Might as well help since we’re here…” Naomi sighed, running behind them. I followed again and we all started attacking the weed, leading the weed to this giant grey box. “Now I get it!”

We all dodged his attacks and he got closer as we got farther and farther form his reach. Then Mikey and Raph turned to the still-existing robots and mocked them to shoot. They took the mocking badly and started shooting. The two turtles ran out of the way, the shots hitting Mr. Weed again and causing him to back up in the power box.

Then the blue headband one got on top and got some ninja stars out and slung them at the weed guy’s back. The weed cried out and turned on him.

“Come and get me stink weed.” he mocked, “Nyah!”

The weed attacked, but the turtle dodged by jumping up and landing on the weed, the jumping off again. When he landed, he mocked the robots to shoot at him again. We were still some of the end line and we both looked up as she whacked the back of his shell.

“Some things you can’t seem to forget…” Naomi groaned, getting her staff out of a robot.

The robots shot the power generator and the weed was on it as the electricity came out, electrocuting him. He cried out in pain, then exploded. I covered my face with my hands as the blast ended a little before us.

Naomi and I took the smoke as cover and ran off, leaving the scene as quickly as possible. We didn’t see the turtles for the rest of the night.