New Stuff

I watched her for a long while before sitting down. I sat there, resting my eyes. I eventually fell asleep. How I woke up, was when Mii-wa was talking with Naomi. Without opening my eyes, I listened intensely.

“How is she doing?” Mii-wa asked.

“Just as fine as the six of us are doing down here.” Naomi’s annoyed voice sounded. “I’m just tired of them thinking I’m a spy!”

“I know you are, and they are about ready to learn to the truth.”

“Let them learn their own way! I can’t stay calm like this for another week.”

“They’ll learn before the end of this week.” Mii-wa tried to reassure Naomi.

Naomi was silent. I heard her breathing deeply. “I think Mikito saw the other one.”

“What other one?” Mii-wa paused. “Oh. That other one.”

“We’re advancing too soon.” Naomi sighed. “Soon, we’ll all be above our heads in either water or blood!”

Water or blood? I thought. Is that good?

“Quiet, Naomi.” With a deep breath, Naomi controlled herself. So quickly. “Now, when’s the last time you meditated?”

“Before… uh…” Naomi cleared her throat and spoke nothing more on that subject.

Mii-wa seemed to get it. “That’s fine. But that was last night. You got that easily stressed when Mikito spoke with you?”

“She snapped so quickly at me.” Naomi admitted. “That’s why I think she saw her. She has a bad impact on whoever sees her.”

“Now why would you say that?”

Silence. Tension. Made my skin prickle. “You know why.”

“I think you’ve gotten too close.” Mii-wa said a little uneasy.

“I have not!” Naomi snapped.

“Silence.” Another deep breath from Naomi. “Go meditate. I think you need it.”

“Aye, Sensei.” Footsteps and silence.

I finally opened my eyes and saw Mikey right by me. Jumping back, I kicked out at him, “GYAH!”

Mikey’s eyes flew open as he jumped away from me. “Who did what?!”

“Mikey!” I breathed out. “Don’t scare me like that!”

“What’d I do?” he asked.

“Nothing…” I muttered. “Did you hear those two?”

“I did.” Raph said, playing a game with Leo

“So did I.” Leo announced.

No comment from Donnie.

“Where’s Donnie?” I asked

“Working on something he got from that Kraang droid.” Leo replied.

April was on her laptop. She was looking through something on it. “Guys! Check out the post I got!”

“Hang on, April, I just have to defeat Lamenardo.” Raph sneered as he pressed buttons.

They played before Raph started victory dancing.

“I’d love to see you play against Donnie.” I said.

He glared at me before pushing Leo out of the way and going to April to sit behind her. Leo came up and whacked Raph upside the head.

“I started this blog about unusual sightings in New York and I got this one just recently of the gas explosion.” April explained. She zoomed up and played it. A Kraang droid walked out of the smoke.

“A Kraang droid.” Leo said.

“WHERE!?” Mikey cried, falling from the tire swing above the water. He splashed down.

“We’ll check it out tonight.” Leo told Raph and I.

“Why not now?” April asked.

“Naomi’s meditating, and it’s daytime.” I replied. “Nobody can see us.”

“Well I can.” April closed her laptop and began to head out.

Leo caught up with her and exchanged a few words before Leo gave up and let April through. I sat down and stared inside the dojo. Leo turned the TV on and Raph grabbed Spike and started feeding him a leaf. Mikey was back on the tire swing. I decided to wade below.

After about twenty minutes, we began to hear loud metallic thumps. Mikey’s last pizza piece was being threatened so he used me to hurry and get to the pizza without getting himself wet. He grabbed the box and held it close.

A medium sized robot that looked like a turtle came into view. It opened its mouth and said, “Take me to your leader.”

“Leo--” Mikey said.

“Naomi--” I said with him.

“--It’s for you.” we both said together.

Naomi didn’t come, but Leo came up and asked, “What is it?”

“Ladies, gentlemen, and Raphael.” Donnie said. I snickered. “This is the future of ninjistu.”

“I thought that the future of ninjitsu would be taller.” Raph said.

Naomi came in then, having her palm rubbing her eye as if she had been asleep. She seemed more at peace now after meditating. Is that her secret?

“No.” Naomi growled. “It’s not.”

Mind reader!

She glared at me and then turned to the new robot Donnie made. “I can only imagine…”

Mikey pushed past. “It’s so cute!” he rubbed it below the chin. “Kutchee kutchee koo.”

The robot started randomly pulling weapons out from it’s body, along with a pair of wings. Mikey jumped back in fright. Then a wooden bat came out.

“Oh, my God!” Naomi cried, jumping back against Raph. “It’s a bat!” We all looked at Naomi. “What?” she snapped.

“Nothing.” I said.

Raph looked at her with mixed emotions and she moved aside to stand beside him. He kicked his foot a little before paying attention to Donnie.

He pressed a button on the top of the robot, “He don’t like to be tickled.”

“You don’t say?” Naomi growled. She brushed Donnie’s next comment off by waving her hand, “Don’t say it, literally. I’m going to be meditating for the night, hopefully, so leave me out.”

“Gladly.” I growled.

She glared at me, but before she could go back to the dojo, Mii-wa came in with a dark grey six inch piece of metal. Sensei gave it to Naomi, “Here.”

“‘Here’ what?” Naomi growled. “I don’t see what this thing I-- GAH!” she was twirling it in her hand when it suddenly extended out into a six foot metal staff instead. With wondering blue eyes, Naomi searched the thing up and down. She found the blade; it was shorter than the usual one because it was only five inches long instead of six to seven inches. “Sweeeeeeet.” she hurried away with it.

“So there are to people with new stuff.” Raph snapped.

Leo looked at Raph, “Are you sure it’s not three?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Donnie, Mikey, Leo and I all looked at Raph. I’m not sure how, but I think I might begin to understand what went on last night in that tunnel.