Grounded

We jumped up to the surface and started jumping from roof to roof, heading to our lair. It started getting light out and I looked over at Naomi. She seemed to have a demure look about her.

Jumping down off one roof, we moved the sewer cap and hopped down. Naomi closing the cap after us. We then hurried down the tunnels, and came in our own lair. Sensei was looking at us with a strange look.

“Oh, great…” I mutter.

“And where have you two been?” Mii-wa asks.

“With the Turtles.” I reply.

Sensei raises an eyebrow. “So why were you out so late?”

“We were at their lair.”

“So late?”

“Raph wanted a rematch with me.” Naomi spoke up. “I kicked his shell again.”

Mii-wa glares at Naomi. Naomi flinched a little and took out a popsicle, still in its wrapper, and offered it to Sensei.

Shaking her head, Mii-wa goes, “No thanks. But now you’re grounded for a few days.”

“A few days meaning…?” Naomi tried.

“Five days.” Sensei said. “Staying down here.”

“Down here?!” Naomi explained.

Sensei looked at Naomi. “Unless you want to do try some Rundoli.”

Naomi and I looked at each other.

“I’d rather take whatever you throw at me.” Naomi said.

Mii-wa gets out a wooden sword. I couldn’t see Sensei move as she ran at Naomi. All I saw was my black bandana partner fly back a few feet, holding her head in pain. Mii-wa looked at me and I shook my head.

“I’m good.” I said quickly.

Sensei nodded. “You’re still grounded.”