One Bad Robot

Metalhead’s arms were at crooked angles as he had landed on the Kraang.

“What are you doing?” Leo asked quickly. “What’s wrong with your arms?”

“My hands aren’t on my hips?” Donnie asked through the robot.

“No!” Leo exclaimed. Raph slapped his hand on his forehead.

I chuckled, “That hurt, there, Raph?”

He glared at me. “I otta hurt you.”

“Sorry.” Donnie said. “Forgot to press ‘B’.”

“You might wanna press ‘B’ next time.” I called to him. A bullet came my way and I ducked, the breeze making my pink strands visible. “Close one…”

Then I heard shooting and then silence. I peeked out and Metalhead was still standing. “Now it’s my turn!” Donnie announced. His left hand became a laser launcher and he started aiming at the Kraang, “Eat hot laser!”

Kraang started falling one after the other. Then Metalhead raised his other arm and his hand shot out and started punching Kraang down without him moving. It shot through the air before landing right back on Metalhead’s arm.

“Hey, Raph!” Donnie called out after checking his hand could work. “How does it feel to be shown up by a toaster?”

“Burn!” Mikey called.

“That was nice.” I laughed.

“Yeah, I thought that was a good one.” Donnie said.

“No!” Mikey cried, pointing at the Kraang. “Burn!”

“Oh, right!” Then Metal aimed his right arm at the droids and started flame throwing the Kraang away. Then he started with the laser gun again.

I started to relax, thinking Donnie had this battle. Then the shots were fired above my head and peeked over as they passed. “Donnie!”

“Sorry, guys.” Donnie apologized.

“Watch the friendly fire!” Leo called out.

As Metalhead shot out at one Kraang that was standing in front of some propane tanks, one of them exploded, sending Metalhead against a metal beam. The four of us behind the crates got blown back as well and I hit my head on a window.

“Ow…” I muttered.

“You okay?” Mikey asked.

I rubbed my head. “I guess so. For now.”

We all looked at Metalhead who hadn’t moved. A Kraang brain was coming up to the robot.

“Guys…” I nudged them all and pointed to the Brain as it got electrocuted from Metalhead. “That can’t be good.”

“Like Naomi says:” Raph snapped. “Stop pointing!”

I glared at him.

“Guys!” Donnie called out. “If you can hear me, you might wanna run!”

We all looked at Metalhead as its once blue eyes were pink. “That’s my color!” I cried out.

Raph shook his head. “So you’re a bad Kraang-operated droid now?”

“No.” I growled.

The Kraang spoke to us that I couldn’t understand because Kraang just couldn’t speak English correctly.

Mikey breathed out, “I was really worried at the beginning, but then I jut kinda lost into--” Metalhead’s laser gun began to come out and pointed at us. “Now I’m afraid again. AHHH!”

We all ran for our lives as Metalhead started shooting at us.

“Nice!” Raph snapped as he hid behind some crates again. “More hiding.”

“Be grateful it’s better than being shot!” I snapped back at him.

Leo looked at Raph and nodded. “She’s right.”

Raph glared at him. “Oh take the girls’ sides.”

“Just come on.” Leo snapped. “We gotta try and defeat him.”

Mikey and I nodded and then we ran right at Metalhead, avoiding being shot and Mikey threw his nun chuck at his arm, sending it back so it wouldn’t shoot us anymore.

“Give him everything you’ve got!” Leo called. “He’s gotta have a weak spot!”

We hit everywhere on the droid and no go.

Mikey stopped. “This always works.” and kicked the droid right between the legs, but instead of the droid crying out, Mikey whined. “Well, most of the time.”

Then Metalhead turned to us and punched us away. As I tried getting up, Mikey slammed into me. “Oof!”

“Sorry, Mikito.” Mikey apologized.

“You’re fine.” I gasped.

Mikey got up and Metalhead with other Kraang members surrounded him. We all got ready to fight.

“Which one of the turtles would like to be destroyed by Kraang?” Metalhead asked in the monotone voice of the Kraang.

“ME!” someone called from the ceiling. Donnie dropped down and twirled a new stick staff.

“Donnie!” Mikey called. “Bang an entrance, dude!”

My first thought from this, where was Naomi? She should be here by now.

“You guys go after the droids, I’ll take care of Metalhead.” Donnie ordered.

None of us complained as we attacked the rest of the Kraang. It took us awhile and before we got done, Donnie had his yet again broken staff through Metalhead’s chest.

Booyakasha!” Donnie exclaimed.

“Sounds weird when he says it.” Mikey said. I nodded in agreement.

“Sounds weird when you say it.” Raph snapped at him.

Mikey just lightly glared at Raph.

I walked up to Donnie to help him up as the brain controlling Metalhead crawled away. “Where’s Naomi?”

Donnie looked at me. “I saw her heading off when I was on my way here. I couldn’t tell where she was going, but someone was following her.”

“Those ninjas?” Leo asked.

We all shrugged. Mikey came up, “Nice going, bro!”

“Yeah.” Raph said with an annoyed tone. “Except the part where you built the thing in the first place. And the part where it broke. And the part where it tried to kill us. And the part--”

“Okay, I get it.” Donnie looked down sadly.

I patted Donnie’s shoulder. “It’s fine. You soiled the plans of the Kraang, so you’re good. Now let’s head back.”

“And get some pizza!” Mikey exclaimed.

“Yeah.” Leo nodded in approval. “Sounds good.”

We all headed out and I felt watched. Turning around before jumping out of the window, I saw that one shadow staring at me with its silver eyes.