Death Dragon

“That’s what they’ve been saying…” Naomi sighed.

“Naomi, we gotta help!” I turned to her and begged.

She looked at me which was her mistake. Groaning, she sighed, “Fine. But if we get in trouble for leaving, it’s your fault.”

“You wanted to leave anyway.”

“Shut up!”

Now, I thought we were being watched as we left, and I knew I should’ve turned around, but I didn’t. I wanted to help Mikey right now. Leo opened the cap and Naomi closed it behind us, catching up when she was done.

As we jumped from roof to roof, Leo explained, “Now, when we get Mikey, we’re going to pretend going to the lair.”

“Why pretend?” I asked.

“We don’t them to know where we are, do we?” Naomi turned to me. “And, we’d have all these unconscious people that would know. They’d then run off and tell Shredder where the Turtles are.”

“What she said.” Leo said, not really sure what else to add.

Donnie spoke up this time, “And so that when they attack, we have them cornered and they can’t escape.”

“So we’re really going in the sewers, but not the lair?” Naomi summed it up.

“Yep.” Donnie nodded.

“Okay guys, we’re here. Be quiet.” Leo muttered, slowing down and looking in the window.

I noticed Donnie chewing gum and then he took it out, set it on a pencil that was connected to a thing that I didn’t recognize. He set the gummed pencil on the glass and then he spun it, the metal tip digging into the glass to create a big enough hole to stick his hand in and unlock the window.

Leo opened the window. Donnie took out some rope and tied it down. Then we each took a rope and slid down. We all got out our weapons and ran in. Some ninjas were standing around, keeping guard of something.

Raph, Naomi, and Donnie quickly took most of them out. Leo and I went to find Mikey. Leo took out some of the ninjas there while I helped Mikey out of the ropes and tape. By the time I was done, everyone was done with the ninjas.

“Dudes! That was sporadic!” Mikey exclaimed.

“Shush!” we all whispered urgently.

Except Donnie, who just slapped his forehead. “That’s not what that means!”

“Sorry.” he mouthed.

Then we all jumped out, heading to a sewer cap that we knew was pretty much blocked off, but close enough to their lair. We all hid in different places. I stayed close to Mikey and Donnie. Naomi was probably with Raph and Leo.

Just as Leo thought, the ninjas came down, searching for the lair. There was the two leaders from before and then a group of the smaller ninjas. When there was a single ninja, we’d take it and hand it either to Naomi or me who’d tie them to the ceiling.

Finally, the smaller leader turned around and noticed the dozen ninjas that they’d brought along with them was gone. He took something out of his pocket and set a flare. “Show your faces!” he called out.

Leo, Raph and Naomi emerged from the pool of water while me, Mikey, and Donnie came out from the shadows.

“They trapped us!” the smaller one observed.

They glanced at each of us before the big one ordered, “Take them down!”

The big one ran at Naomi and them while we got stuck with the one that likes to kick. Donnie started it out with attacking him, but the guy blocked the hits with his feet. Then he jumped up and set his feet on Donnie’s shoulders, flipped on his hands and made Donnie hit Mikey. Mikey reeled back and then he threw Donnie on Mikey.

While he was distracted, I stabbed at him, but he nimbly avoided it. I tried tripping him, but he flipped on his hands and then kicked me into Donnie and Mikey. “Oof!”

We looked over to Raph, Leo, and Naomi. Raph just got thrown and Naomi and Leo were coming up behind the big guy. The big guy turned, grabbed both of Leo’s swords and threw him away. Naomi avoided Leo and Raph hurried off to catch Leo.

Donnie snapped and we all looked over at him. Raph gave him a thumbs up and then we feigned some attacks at our enemies, then ran down to the water pool. Quickly, we switched places by sidestepping between the two. Now my group was stuck with the big guy.

We jumped onto some large pipes, Donnie and I heading behind while Mikey stayed on one. The big guy swung at Mikey, but Mikey dodged, took the guy’s wrist in his numb chuck and then went behind the pipe. Donnie used his staff to make him fall to his knees, then I came up and punched him.

He fell on his back and Mikey and Donnie smiled at me.

Leo, Naomi and Raph were still with the small guy. Leo was slashing out, Raph trying to keep up and Naomi swishing her staff at his hands whenever he tried to use his legs.

One time, Naomi missed, but Raph came up and knocked him in the air and Leo kicked him away. She got up and then they advanced on him while Mikey the big guy. Donnie and I watched from the sidelines, making sure none tried to get away.

“They knew we were following them.” the big guy said.

“That’s right.” Mikey said.

The big guy took a punch at Mikey, but Mikey countered it with his own. The guy tried his other hand, Mikey grabbed it and then the guy tried using his free hand, but Mikey grabbed that one as well, this one going up to his neck. Then Mikey let go of the first hand he grabbed and hit in the face and kneed him away, and with the same movement, kicked him in the stomach.

Mikey hit him in the face with his palm then punched him in the stomach, making the big guy lean forward in pain. Then Mikey grabbed his head, brought it down on his knee, grabbed his face, stepped on his foot then threw him on his knee. His other foot came up behind the big guy and tripped him, then kicked him into the smaller guy.

“That was pretty good.” I observed.

Donnie chuckled, going over to where Leo was waiting for us. “The ironic part is, is that Chris taught it to him.”

I gave a confused look.

“Who he just defeated.”

“Oh.” I smiled. “That is irony.”

Mikey looked at Donnie and Leo and said, “Hit it!”

The two turned a wheel and then I began to hear water. The water came form the main tunnel. It came up and washed the two leaders away down another sewer tunnel. Mikey, Raph, and Naomi watched them go while I ran over to Mikey and hugged him unexpectedly.

Mikey hugged me back. “We did it!”

Naomi gave me a look that said “we’ll talk later”. Great… I got off Mikey and we both smiled.

Raph came beside Mikey, Naomi beside Raph, and then Raph said, “Well that didn’t seem very fair.”

“No it wasn’t.” Leo commented, coming up behind Naomi.

Then we all laughed, happy to get it done and over with.

“High three!” Mikey announced, raising his hand. We all slapped hands, me smiling and Mikey looking at me.

Naomi looked at me and motioned for us to leave.

“Oh, yeah… We’re grounded…” I sighed. “Bye, guys!”

We ran out, heading to our lair.

Entering, we saw Sensei sitting down, waiting for our return.

I knew I should’ve turned around when I felt we were being watched…