Blue

I closed the sewer top over us and went home. Sensei looked at us up and down, a little shocked. Well, we were bruised pretty bad.

“What in the world happened?” she exclaimed.

“Uhhh, would you believe us if we told you a weed and robots?” I tried.

Naomi nodded. “Tough. But with help, we managed to win.”

“Help?” Sensei asked.

“There’s four more mutant turtles around these parts.” I explained.

“How is that possible?”

“How should we know?” Naomi called from the dojo. How does she move so quickly yet silently? “We were just there.”

“Did they see you?”

“Only one.” I said. “I think…”

“You think?”

“Well, his comrades didn’t really say anything about us… Only him.” I said.

“So, he tried to show his friends you two, but they chose not to?”

“That’s the gist of it.” Naomi said, appearing behind me.

I jumped a little and turned on her, tackling her. “Don’t scare me like that!”

She landed on the ground with a “oomph” and she looked at me. “I didn’t know! I just came up from behind you!”

“Stop it!” Sensei ordered, dragging me off Naomi. “Now, I don’t know why you two aren’t the only two turtles. I’m not saying I’m disappointed, but it’s not very likely.”

Naomi got up, brushed herself off and went in the dojo again. I figured out that’s her favorite room. Sensei looked at me and gestured me to follow her, so I did.

Already Naomi was sitting down in a corner. She looked like she was meditating, but I knew that she was thinking about something. Sometimes I wish I could break into that mind of hers…

I sat in front of her and stared at her black headband. Finally, she opened her eyes and stared right through me before coming into reality. I guess she was meditating.

“Mikito.” she said. “I really didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s fine.” I said. “But I want to know what’s going on in that mind of yours?”

She blinked. “Why?”

“It’s always a mystery.”

“Do you like mysteries?”

“Kind of.”

“Well, I’m thinking about how that giant weed got the way it was and why those turtles were there to begin with.” she answered my first question.

“Should we have followed them?” I asked.

“No.”

“Why?”

“They have their own issues. We have hardly any and we don’t want what we can’t handle.”

Silence. “What if we work together?” I brought the question up finally.

“Are you crazy?”

“No… But it sounds like a good idea.”

“Hardly when you look at it logically.”

More silence. “I’ve been wondering who you like.”

“Really? How do you know I even like any of them?” she asked mockingly.

‘Do you like the blue headband one?”

“Nice guess, but no.” she sighed, getting up. “I’ll see you tomorrow night.” then she left again.