T-Pod

They clean up their mess anyway with me and Naomi helping. Mii-wa comes and takes Naomi away after we were done and talks with her. I watch from a distance and Naomi nods and heads out.

I try and follow Naomi, but Mii-wa stops me. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Following Naomi.” I smile.

“No.” she said.

“Why?”

“What she’s doing, you will find out. Just not today.”

“Tomorrow?”

“No.”

“Next day?”

“No.”

“This week?”

“No.”

“This month?”

“Maybe.”

I sigh in relief and Mii-wa walks away. I look where Naomi left, still thinking she’s a spy, but quickly thought not to follow. Looking around, I saw Mikey reading a magazine on the couch.

Leo was beside him, looking in a far-off direction, bored. Raph was pacing and Donnie was nowhere to be found. I pass his area and I hear him muttering to himself. Found Donnie.

I waited a few minutes and then Naomi returned, soaking wet from coming up from the water pool entryway. She always takes that direction either in or out when she’s gone without a warning.

She came up to Raph as he complains, “God, this bites. I can’t believe we’re stuck down here for a whole week.”

“You should really be looking at Mikey to blame.” Naomi said.

Raph looked at her. “Yeah. Thanks, Naomi. Mikey!”

Mikey put down the magazine, but stopped as Donnie came in. “Guys, guys! You wanna see what I made?”

“This is how bored I am.” Raph said to Leo and Mikey. The he turned to Donnie, “Yes, Donnie, I do.”

“Okay, okay, okay.” Donnie said, smiling. “Remember the other day I was scrounging in the military junkyard?”

Leo, Raph, Naomi, Mikey, and I all shook our heads and said, “No.”

“Well, I found an incredibly advanced A.I. Microchip made from, get this, self-assembled chain-link copolymers!”

“That’s my favorite kind of copolymers.” Mikey said, not that enthusiastically.

“Mine too!” Donnie exclaimed. “And I used it to make this:” he showed a circle with a blue glow to it. “the most advanced music player in the world!”

All of us came up to Donnie and said, “Whoa…”

“So who wants to try it?” Donnie asked, looking at us five.

Mikey and I rose our hands, but I lowered mine, remembering what Donnie said about him liking music. “I do! Toss me the T-Pod!”

“The… T-Pod?” Donnie repeated.

“Turtle. Pod. T-Pod.” Mikey chuckled. “I am so good at namin’ stuff.”

Mikey put the ear buds in his ears. Naomi and Raph scooted over to the left side of Donnie and then me and Leo on the right.

“You’re really going to plug an advanced military technology directly into Mikey’s head?” Raph asked, looking at Donnie. “What if it melts his brain?”

“It won’t” Donnie smiled at the question, crossing his arms. “And even if it did, who’d know the difference?”

They all watched as Mikey was about to press a button. When he pressed it, he started screaming out in pain.

“What? What’s wrong?” Donnie and I asked urgently. I ran up to Mikey, trying to shake him out of it.

“It’s Polka!” Mikey cried. “Make it stop! Make it stop!”

Donnie came up to Mikey and the T-Pod and pressed a button. Donnie walked away again leaving Mikey and me alone. Everyone else was watching, though. Mikey looked surprised, closed his eyes then started humming, getting up off his knees and dancing.

I walked over to Leo, Donnie, Raph, and Naomi. Leo was a little scared, Raph and Naomi bored, and Donnie just had a questioning look on his face. We just watch him until Naomi walked off and Raph followed her.

“That’s it, I’m gettin’ out of here.” Raph sighed.

Leo chased after the two, “Where are you going? We’re grounded.”

“I don’t care.” Raph said. “I gotta do something or I’m going to go nuts.” he stepped on the end of a skateboard, making it fly up to his reach. It flipped repeatedly then he caught it. “Let’s find a skate spot.”

“Skate spot?” Mikey asked a little too loud. “I’m totally in!”

I shook my head and sighed. Naomi snickered and watched Raph.

“But what’s Splinter going to say?” Leo asked.

“I don’t know what’s going on because they snuck out while I was asleep.” Raph mimicked Splinter’s voice.

“Hah. Real mature. But I’m your leader, and as your leader, I say nobody’s going.” Leo said.

“Well, as your followers.” Donnie and Mikey came up beside Raph. “We’re going anyway.”

“Well, as your leader, I’m going with you to lead you… away… from bad… stuff…”

“Why can’t you be that cool of a leader?” I asked Naomi.

She bonked me on the head, already annoyed with me. “Shut up. Polka’s gonna come on.”

“Stop the mind reading!” I snapped, looking at Mikey as he fell down, yelling out again.

“What’s wrong?” Leo asked.

“It’s back to Polka!” Mikey replied. “You gotta get some new tunes on this.” he said annoyed.