An Easy Win

Mikey’s eyes went wide and his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. “But. But. But. But. But…”

Raph shakes his head. “No but’s. Leo, help me out here.”

I turned around as Leo stood up and placed a foot on Mikey’s shell, kicking him in. Mikey rolled in in front of Raph who stopped him with his own foot. They looked at each other as Naomi grabbed me by my shell and dragged me in the field of battle.

Raph and Naomi walked back to Leo and Donnie. They all sat down and watched as Mikey just stood there with a I-don’t-want-to-be-here-in-this-situation look.

Mikey looked at the our watching us. “Can’t Donnie fight her or something?”

“No.” Donnie and Raph said, Naomi shook her head.

“You need to because you seemed to take a bet on who’d win.” Donnie said. “So now we need to take a bet on you or her.”

“Well I bet on the girl.” Raph smirked.

“Her name’s Mikito.” Naomi tried again.

“Yeah, yeah. I just want to see Mikey’s butt kicked by someone other than me.”

Everyone watching laughed, making Mikey look at me. “Please convince them.” he whispered to me.

I just shrugged. “Sorry.”

“Michelangelo!” Splinter called from his room, opening a screen. Everyone ceased laughing and it grew quiet. “You must have experience from fighting other fighters. If not, you can never get better.”

“Yes, Sensei.” Mikey bowed his head, all timid gone. “But I do not want to fight her now.”

“That’s fine.” Naomi spoke up. “That means whoever betted on Mikito wins.”

Then they started laughing again. Splinter looked at them and they stopped again.

Leo cleared his throat. “At least try, Mikey.”

Splinter nodded and retreated back in his room. Mikey was looking at me now. His blue eyes looked a little nervous, but he tried to look tough. I got out one of my double swords and Mikey looked like he was about to run. He got out his numb chucks and threw them on the ground.

“No! I can’t do it!” He collapsed on the ground with his hands on his head. “Fight Donatello or Leo!”

We all stared at him. Then Raph got up, walked over to Mikey, looked down at him and started bugging him. “You let a girl intimidate you? You’re more pathetic than I thought.”

Mikey whimpered and I retreated over to Naomi who was busy chuckling. I looked at her and she got the message. Donnie and Leo came up to Mikey and started bugging him as well.

Naomi and I stood up and snuck out, laughing as we hit the surface.