Chapter 45

I fell back into the chair that was behind me. I looked at my little boy who watched was watching me with fear and horror mixed into his deep green eyes. He was like his father in many ways then just one, the one boy that I prayed and hoped to god that wouldn't turn out to be like him.

I thought about it for a little while until I relized he was never going to be able to discover himself, be the player that I don't want him to be. And be the little boy who grows up to fast. I looked to the floor and then back at him as I thought about him, his face was covered in confusion. He wasn't quite sure why he was hooked up to a heart monitor, or why nurses would come in ever once in a while and shoot his IV or take blood from his small little hand.

"B-b-bryan." I said in a slight stutter. He turned his head towards me and just stared at me.

"Shh..... Beth, it will be okay." He said as he wrapped his arms around me, and with on hand wiping tears that had formed in my eyes and fallen. He pulled me into his chest and that is where I stayed.

"How is it going to be okay?" I mumbled into his chest, I pulled away so I could see his face. "He isn't even one yet, he hasn't fully lived his life. He wont be able to hit puberty, he isn't going to be able to turn 16, or get his sex hormones running. He'll never be able to get married or even try to have kids!"

"Beth we'll fix it." Bryan said rubbing my back.

"Bryan, you can't fix a Little boy who has l-lu-leukemia!" I said in a slight scream.

"Mrs. Way please calm down." said the doctor as he walked closer to me and Bryan. "If you freak out like this while you are in front of your son, then he will do the same."

"Fit it, please?" I asked as I stood up and grabbed his coat.

"We can only try." He spoke, as the horror in his face disappeared.

"You, will try anything and everything?" I asked as I looked into his eyes.

"I promise, I will do everything in my power to help your little boy." He said as he looked be between me and Bryan.

"Thank you," I said with a smile as I let go of his lab coat ans walked over to Rico.

"I suggest you take him home and treat him like you normally would." Said the doctor as he pressed a little button on the wall signaling the nurses to come in. I put Rico's small hand in mine, and pushed the small hair that he had out of his face. "The day after he turns one, we will start him on kemo."

I nodded slowly as I imagiened Rico with his hair all gone. Tears filled my eyes, my son was in pain and he was unable to tell me. whatwould Kyle think? That his twin was more important to me then he was? No, they are going to be treat equally. The nurses came back in and took him off the heart monitor, I watched as his heartbeat went from 89 to 0 and my heart stopped. I wasn't ready for that to happen to him yet, I was about to grab him and shake him but then I saw his pretty little green eye open up. The last nurse took out his small IV, Rico climbed into my arms before I was able to do anything.

He laid his head on my shoulder and was soon asleep. I let Bryan drive us home, while I set in the back holding onto Rico for dear life. Bryan pulled into the small car port that was near the house I was using. I got out of the car and took Rico straight up to his room, after I tucked him in I took the small baby monitor that was laying by his bed and clipped it to my jean pocket. Bryan and I walked hand-in-hand to the other house. As soon as I stepped foot on the porch my eyes filled with tears and I began to cry. I stepped into the house and Xavier jumped to his feet and ran to my side.

"Beth, what is wrong?" Xavier asked as he looekd from me to Bryan and pushed Bryan off of me.

"Get Auntie, and Uncle Ryan, bring them outside." I said as I walked back outside, as I waited for them to come out I looked up at the stars. The door slammed open and my head snapped to my aunt, uncle, Xavier, and Bryan standing on the porch.